[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how often do you alienate people with your vocabulary? i don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2866.jpg (1MB, 1250x1762px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2866.jpg
1MB, 1250x1762px
how often do you alienate people with your vocabulary?

i don't talk pretentious. but god damn, yesterday i asked a friend about his preferences and he didn't know what "preferences" are... i think i need new friends.
>>
>>9267981
>asked a friend about his preferences and he didn't know what "preferences" are.
Americans are weird
>>
I'm pretty sure preschool playgrounds aren't a very lit friendly environment
>>
>>9268012
neither of us is american. to be fair, she's a new age moron. that might explain it.

>>9268015
you might be surprised.
>>
>>9267981
Preferences in what?
>>
>>9267981

when i was in a high school i had to tutor the dumbest kid i've ever met. regularly had to define words like indifferent, consult, moreover. the best was when he mispronounced unique as "uh-knee-kuh"

such an ego-trip, not gonna lie.
>>
>>9268447
she's pregnant and i asked if she has any preferences for the baby's gender...

>>9268479
how can people survive like that?
>>
>>9268492
she thought i asked if she has a hunch about the gender
>>
File: lost hope.jpg (80KB, 766x960px) Image search: [Google]
lost hope.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>9268492
>this person is breeding
>>
>>9268511
it's her fourth. she's a good girl. but not the brightest. but she's probably happier than most.
>>
>>9268479
My own sister is patronising when she had never heard of "condiments" and "ambivalent". She also makes the ketchup bottle do the most disgusting spluttering sound, sometimes i wish i was Niles Crane
>>
>>9268558
who's that?

my sister sometimes tells me to cut it out if i'm using normal words. i even try to avoid words that might not be in everyone's vocab when she's around but it's obviously not enough.
>>
>>9268012
>>asked a friend about his preferences and he didn't know what "preferences" are
Holy shit this is autism
TO PREFER ---> PREFERENCE

And then they say "start with the greeks"

But please...
>>
I memorized the dictionary and i sub consciously use a lot of the obscure words I picked up while speaking. Makes me feel superior if at all honest
>>
>>9268582
my boyfriend's sister does this all the time if someone says something barely outside the everyday bracket of necessities. i remember we were walking to our car at the parking lot, he said "this new place is so good, we don't have to circumnavigate the whole city to find a parking spot" using the term circumnavigate in slightly ironic fashion. she had a wild embarrassing anger sprout yelling at him to stop trying to do the philosopher about a parked car. she has an insipid sentence with the world culture with the capital C as her whatsapp status update lol
>>
>>9267981
They should add Euskera as the sun
>>
I try not to be ostentatious. It's ostensibly one of the worst characteristics and usually full of vacuity. I find that exiguous words suit colloquial conversation best.
>>
I said flippant twice in the course of a conversation and the second time they asked me: "heh, word of the day?"
>>
>>9269744
So did Dave. But he really want people to know he thought that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.