[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knausgaard - Min Kamp 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: knaus3_marthinsen.png (423KB, 428x651px) Image search: [Google]
knaus3_marthinsen.png
423KB, 428x651px
Is it any good?

Just finished the second volume, wasn't as instantly enthralled with it like the first, but still had some really enjoyable sections, is it worth continuing?
>>
Two is the best by far. If you didn't like it quit now. Three is the worst book in the series by far. And four and five are almost horrible.
>>
>>9267195
Damn, I wouldn't say I 'disliked' 2, its just that from page one of the first volume I was hooked, 2 took a little more time to grab me, what happens in the next few that makes them so much worse?
>>
>>9267263
You seem to have shit taste, you might like book three the most.
There's just a drastic shift in tone. He doesn't even seem like the same writer, nor the same person in three four or five. The insight isn't there, the characters aren't as interesting or as fun. Book four should be called "I keep cumming too fast, or, Am I a Pedo".
He took some heat from family members after the first two books, I'm not sure if that subconsciously handcuffed him or what.
>>
>>9267312
You know what kind of heat he took from his family? I know his wife had a breakdown after reading the second book but that's about it
>>
Books 3 and 4 are about childhood and adolescence. I enjoyed them just fine. There are none of the first two books' philosophical digressions, but if he "doesn't seem like the same writer," that's because he's entered the head of the boy he was when he was ten and twelve and fifteen and eighteen. The characters may not be as complex as the adults in 1 and 2, being as they're mostly kids and teenagers, but if you enjoyed the style of the first two books, and can do without the meditations, you'll enjoy Books 3 and 4. It's common to note a dropoff after the second book, but I don't think it's as steep as some people claim, and lots of people here have praised the third and fourth books for really capturing the feeling of being young.
>>
>>9267391
Seems interesting, do 3 and 4 still come with the same kind of truths and introspection the first two volumes have?
>>
Five is my favourite. I'm surprised he skips pretty much all his late twenties though. Does he cover this period in other books? More specifically from the time he left Bergen University (after like 9 years of study) and the time he published his first book. In book 5 all he writes is that he spent his time on various isolated islands writing his book.
>>
>>9267465
Doesn't his first book get published at the end of Five?

I think that time he spent traveling and writing which he talks about at the beginning of Five never turns into published work; he was just writing.

But I'm just trying to remember.
>>
>>9267493
To be fair I've only read Five, I jsut wanted to sound smart by suggesting it was my favourite because I'd read the others. I just remember there was all this cool detail for the first 400 pages about his students years, then he simply skips through the years saying "then I went back to university to study art history, then I lived in a bunch of cottages writing my book" etc.

What's frustrating is that despite having all this free time in these remote, ideal locations he only ever writes the equivalent of a short story over teh course of several months. Norwegian society is heavenly.
>>
>>9267554
Oh you might be right, nvm
>>
>>9267189
Do you have to read Mein kampf first?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.