[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

need some help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 662.jpg (176KB, 299x475px) Image search: [Google]
662.jpg
176KB, 299x475px
what's up
I just bought a book at our local bookshop, (pic related), and i kinda realized now that i won't be able to get anything from it since i'm a fucking newfag. I mean, I've read some greeks(mythology by hamilton, plays by sophocles , dialogues of plato and little bit of aristotle) and classics -- but it's obviously nothing compared to what you guys have read. I always see it on /lit/, sooo yea, my mind told me to buy it. my father also told me that it's different from ulysses which had a lot of references to other works and whatnots.So what do you guys think? should I go ahead and read it? maybe i should kms, i dunno, help me plz
>>
pls help me
>>
>>9266169
Return it.
>>
Nah, avoid any kind of political literature written since the invention of the radio
>>
>>9266205
and why is that??
>>9266202
it's not easy to do things like that here in my country
>>
Why would you listen to someone else's opinion?
You're not some kind of weakling that relies on the intellectual capabilities of others for your own sustenance are you?

Ayn Rand would be sick.

I thought this book was okay. I don't regret reading it, but I also don't think that any of the points made here are particularly good. You'll really love it if you like 50 page long masturbatory political monologues.
>>
Atlas Shrugged is an interesting book.
Incredibly jewish, incredibly wordy, but interesting nonetheless.

You wont find it difficult, just long winded dogma and masturbation about the virtue of embracing atomised individualism in late-modernity.

You can probably skip through John Galts speech because by the time you get to it you already understand everything he has to say.
>>
The Fountainhead was better.
>>
>>9266169
garbage read. didn't need that long of an OP btw. return it
>>
>>9266400
This x100000

I read through Galt's speech for a page knowing exactly the points he was making... and then skipped the rest. Nothing of value was lost- Rand just wanted to make sure idiots who weren't paying attention/didn't get it until that point would understand her ideology.
>>
>>9266169
Get rid of it!
>>
File: 1471121154584.png (312KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1471121154584.png
312KB, 480x360px
>>9266169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j56IiLqZ9U
>>
>>9266169
>my mind told me to buy it
jesus christ
>>
>>9266169
Just read it. You don't need to be a literary and philosophical expert to understand a novel. If you do - it's a bad novel.
>>
THIS IS EXTREME BAIT
>>
rand's prose is seriously on the level of j.k rowling, its abysmal
>>
>>9266224
lmao, underrated.

If it's anything like the Fountainhead, I agree. Rand has an interesting view (or she wouldn't have spawned so many libertarian followers), but it's ultimately flawed at the core. Her characters are much the same, interesting personas with interesting struggles, but simplistic motivations.
>>
File: IMG_20170320_214437.jpg (167KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170320_214437.jpg
167KB, 960x960px
>>9266169
Hey Op if you have time, read both Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. Both are great books.

Yes its true, Ayn Rand died living on government assistance, but her message is more than just self reliance, you have to be greedy to survive and be on top of this world.

Give it a read but dont take it too literal. Good luck.
>>
>>9266169
Anthem is my favorite Ayn Rand work. It's also really short so you can read it in one or two sittings. I'd recommend it.
>>
>(mythology by hamilton, plays by sophocles , dialogues of plato and little bit of aristotle) and classics
LMAO get a load of this guy, he reads books
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.