[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

worldbuilding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: 1429558276136.jpg (190KB, 612x900px) Image search: [Google]
1429558276136.jpg
190KB, 612x900px
So I'm trying to become a writer, but while working two jobs so that I can support myself and my fiance at the same time since she has a disease that causes her to fall ill nearly every other day or so which makes her unable to work due to the unpredictability. Every day while I'm at work I think about the world that I want to create and how certain things will progress and what all will actually happen as well as what I need to actually include in the text. At first I had an overly ambitious idea that I would have never finished, and since have downsized. I've already completed the majority of the major plot points in my outline, but there remains a few spots for character growth within that I had hoped to introduce some of the creatures of this fantasy world with.

Every day I come home from work and sit down for roughly thirty minutes while trying to figure out what kind of creatures I actually want to include in my story, but more often than not I come up with a blank. A while back I'd had an idea for some beings named 'The Unsung', who are basically the memories of fallen men and women who appear as ghostly versions of themselves and either stalk the lands searching for something that they could slay or accomplish that would grant them a mark of heroism and make their names sung in stories. I have were-beasts that vary by the regions of the world, I have vampyrs that come in two varieties which are the blood drinkers and the emotion eaters. Trees exist which hunger for flesh and have the souls and bodies of the dead stored in them.

I want more, but every time that I attempt to think of something I come up blank. I don't want to just reuse things found in other media. I'm hoping to create something as original as I possibly can, but it consistenlty proves more than I can handle and it's been tearing me up inside. Every time I sit down to finish creating my world, my thoughts are drawn towards actually starting my story and having my MC experience this world for his second time - since I'd attempted to write this once before and had fallen short with my story falling apart due to my lack of planning.
>>
File: can.jpg (57KB, 1000x1573px) Image search: [Google]
can.jpg
57KB, 1000x1573px
>>9265415
maybe you should just write about cans

that's some abstract schit bro.
>>
>>9265415
ask the authors you love for advice about these things

if you don't know what I mean by that then good luck
>>
File: cannycan.png (788KB, 2323x2400px) Image search: [Google]
cannycan.png
788KB, 2323x2400px
hi there, i'm your next original character
>>
File: 00685.gif (59KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
00685.gif
59KB, 650x450px
and heres your god
>>
File: aluminum_can.jpg (58KB, 1344x1008px) Image search: [Google]
aluminum_can.jpg
58KB, 1344x1008px
>>
>>9265415
It's okay to rehash ideas; Human minds cannot think in 4 dimensions. Your writing should be relatable. Become too esoteric and you'll scare your readers away. Above all have fun writing the story, and if a character looks like an elf that's fine, call them an elf.

If you need creative insulin, watch Dr. Who or some sci do series.
>>
Think about how you want the story to end before you write it. It will help immensely even if you dont know how it will play out just yet.
>>
File: uncanny.jpg (130KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
uncanny.jpg
130KB, 960x640px
you will project all of your desires onto this can
>>
That unsung idea is really damn cool. You seem like the kind of author who's ideas I would find very appealing.
>>
Who cares, fantasy novels can be absolute trash and make a fortune: look at Eragon. Just add some badass dragons and wizards with cool spells and shit with a teen male protagonist who is intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour, maybe a romance too idk or just work some chainmail bikini tits in idk who cares fuck
>>
>>9265487
when are you going to be ready to kill yourself
>>
>>9265415
>two jobs
>fiance

Just give up
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.