[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mira Gonzalez and alternative literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1478950277749.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478950277749.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
Is there any value to alt lit or is it a dead movement already?

What happened to the scene after the Tao Lin crowd's 15 minutes? Who are the cutting edge Miras of today?
>>
File: 1480544577510.png (3MB, 1596x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1480544577510.png
3MB, 1596x1198px
darcie wilder is the new mira. her craft is more refined and original — it's funny twitter aphorisms made art, the very peak of the form

look for her new book "literally show me a healthy person", in stores april 3rd
>>
I hate this
>>
It's over.
>>
>>9260728
I think its moment passed before it ever became a moment. The concept is exhausted before anyone even puts pen to paper
>>
These people are too obsessed with themselves to put any hard work into anything they do.
>>
>>9260796
dw fucking sucks though
>>
>>9260728
The problem with Alt-Lit was that it never sought to overcome the contradictions between attempting to create in the tradition of the writer in an age of hyper-real interactions and the nauseating subjection to information and perspectives but rather in the end just tended to cultivate its own superficial illusion to mask the contradictions.

Like I don't feel like I learn anything deeper about the perspective of the subject we encounter on the internet today from Mira's writings, rather much like pic related, its just the that very subject we already encounter being presented to us as Literature which is obscene as it is flacid
>>
>>9261644
kys nerd
>>
>>9260796

I pray for nuclear hellfire every single day

XD
>>
>>9260728
The only writer from that crowd that I enjoyed somewhat, though I couldn't really tell your why exactly, is Sam Pink. I tried Tao Lin, Mira, Noah Cicero as well as some "bizarro" and they were all crap. I didn't go back after that.
>>
>>9260796
>"literally show me a healthy person"
oh groan
>>
>>9262066
do you ever dream of missiles in the air
>>
>>9260796
That thread was right she's hideous
>>
>>9261674
>to cultivate its own superficial illusion to mask the contradictions.
i know that in mira is very obvious what you said. but do you know someone who overcome this contradiction?. or something?. or you have an idea of how do it?
>>
>>9264010
Nah I haven't which is the pity. Though I would expect its out there
>>
>>9263917
Don't judge someone on their looks. He may look a bit feminine, but that shouldn't detract from his work.
>>
>>9260796
>darcie wilder

i don't know that scene , never really "got" funny hip people on twitter either (as in i don't find it fascinating enough to get on twitter just to see what they come up with. maybe it's because i just don't use twitter).
i read some of her tweets and i think... maybe i could come up with a few good ones. i wonder how should i get in on that racket . how do you get people to notice you on that platform?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.