[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me please.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1486411242623.jpg (172KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1486411242623.jpg
172KB, 456x628px
Please help.
I used to love books, but after a turbulent time in my life where I did not read books, I feel like I cannot return to them.
I try and try, in small bursts, I come here for inspiration, but I cannot. I have a decent collection of books (Approx 20-50), all which I'd love to read, but I cannot, I cannot find time either.
I seriously need help.
Have any of you guys gone through this before? Any suggestions?
>>
sometimes I reach a point where I am trying to read because I want to 'have read' the book, not because I find it or the information I'm getting enjoyable or worthwhile.

If that's the case, then read something entirely different from what you "want" to be reading. Usually I'm just fatigued by drier, lengthier books on serious subjects, and so I read a shitty pulp scifi novel or a good mystery or something just to remember its not difficult to thumb past a few hundred pages.

Don't "try too hard" to go back to reading regularly, or read books because you feel obligated to. Start with what you don't have to teach yourself to enjoy and then you may find yourself more motivated to get into something new
>>
>>9260223
Thank you anon, but even if I do enjoy a book, I just cannot do it. I have no idea why.
>>
File: 1485045485075.jpg (9KB, 222x395px) Image search: [Google]
1485045485075.jpg
9KB, 222x395px
>>9260229
there's NO reason short of being terminally ADD that you can't sit down and read for longer than a few minutes. You're just not used to it, no matter how many times you tell yourself "you can't" it doesn't mean anything. There's no special trick to focusing, just doing it.

Now what the fuck are you still doing here when you could be reading? Start now. If you make one more post in this thread I'll know you're a QUITTER and not worth wasting time on.

What are you waiting for, open the book and assert your dominance over it
>>
File: tumblr_lv4lit2GNO1r72mf4o1_540.png (436KB, 524x664px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lv4lit2GNO1r72mf4o1_540.png
436KB, 524x664px
>>9260178
>can't find the time to read
>can find the time to post on /lit/
hmmm....
>>
You definitely have the time to read. How many hours do you spend watching Television or shitposting on 4chan? How many hours do you spend with your family? Cut them out. We are your new family now, you fucking pleb
>>
i'm the same. it's because i don't see any real value in reading (fiction) anymore. it has nothing worthwile in those books that will add to my live. it's a waste of time. i can read non-fiction without problem. but only if it has new ideas that are challenging my old mindset.
i used to read just for the fun. now reading has become a franatical search for something new or else my brain will completely refuse to take part in that reading thing
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.