[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good, accurate books about the Minoan civilization?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: crete_image20.jpg (111KB, 719x536px)
crete_image20.jpg
111KB, 719x536px
What are some good, accurate books about the Minoan civilization?
>>
I'm pretty sure you are limited to archaeology books unless you want to read some crappy fiction piece
>>
>>9258138
why would you ask /lit/

all thats going to happen is that some chantard is going to use google, amazon and goodreads to search on yuor behalf in a desperate attempt to gain some kind of self-affirmation from another anonymous chantard....i.e you.

its pathetic
>>
Aside from the myths of Theseus and the Minotaur and all that, you have nonfiction
>>
The Meiggs edition of J.B. Bury's book on the Greeks had a good survey of it based on the major archaeology since Rich "Arthur" Evans' Great Minoan Reconstruction Theme Park and Educational Adventure. It's like 40 years old but I don't think we know much else since then.

I've tried to find other good accounts of it but modern textbooks are always too scanty. Meiggs is just like
>It's the 1970s, so you probably want some actual information!
instead of assuming you're a braindead millennial faggot.
>>
>>9258138

Lewd!
>>
>>9258200
There's a theory that the Minoans were matriarchal. The only dude in that picture is waiting on a haughty topless Minoan lady.

I'm going to jerk off now.
>>
File: Renault - The King Must Die.jpg (33KB, 310x499px) Image search: [Google]
Renault - The King Must Die.jpg
33KB, 310x499px
>>9258200
Nothing lewd about breasts

>>9258205
I think they're all women in that picture.
>>
Just read the greeks
>>
I visited Crete last summer and highly recommend it. Knossos was kinda ruined but there were an AMA big number of Minoan ruins scattered all over. My girlfriend still wears her bee pendant.

Also there's interesting evidence of human sacrifice practiced by the minoans -- they might have also engaged in cannibalism of children also.
>>
>>9258191
jesus fuck you still post here?
>>
>>9258424

Show me yours then
>>
>>9258138
my diary desu
>>
File: butterfly, the cunt 3.jpg (110KB, 500x775px) Image search: [Google]
butterfly, the cunt 3.jpg
110KB, 500x775px
>>9260116
Believe me, you don't want to see them.
>>
>>9258747
>they might have also engaged in cannibalism of children also.
Sauce?
>>
>>9258191
Looks good, I'll start with that
>>9258197
and that. Thank you guys.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.