[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Queer Lit. The Good Kind.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 71nsF28xOxL.jpg (251KB, 1280x1879px) Image search: [Google]
71nsF28xOxL.jpg
251KB, 1280x1879px
Thanks to the anon that recommended this when I asked about queer lit.

It was a rare thing to read about a man who lives in 1910 as a socialite in British high society who doesn't get horsewhipped for being himself. A subject manner that Foster goes into with some pretty deep thinking and grace. Sad to have found out Maurice was published one year after his death, when he actually wrote ten years prior. I can see where Downton Abbey got their ideas for their Thomas Barrow character. They pretty much copied page for page some of the ideas.

But where nowadays every gay man in modern dramas must have some tragic background or scandal surrounding them, especially in historical dramas, (back to Thomas' character as an example, he gets tricked, almost fired, blackmailed, is genuinely hated by everyone else because he is mean, he tried to fix himself with painful and crazy treatments, and then gets beat up badly, attempts suicide, and in the end for all his troubles, they allow him to keep his job and take care of the young child until he pretty much gets old and dies. Goodie) it was nice to read something that just told a story about a man who fully comes to terms with himself, falls in love with a man that doesn't love him back (no homo), a man that loves him back but then breaks his heart (kinda homo) and then an honest fellow whom he properly connects with (very homo).

It was a pleasant read from start to finish and I'm impressed that such a story, that was written in 1904 AND in England, was so interesting and it didn't have any murders, or family break ups, or even a punch to the face by someone's disgust. Just all English banter and witty remarks and just a guy trying to figure how he's going to live his life when people act like ass hats sometimes.

10/10. Would recommend. Onto my next queer lit that someone here also suggested, The Watchmaker of Filigree Street.
>>
>>9255555
Nice fuckin' quints op.
I always refer to this list for queer books.
http://booklist.rassaku.net/
It's mostly sffg, but still.
>>
Nice
added to the list just for the banter
>>
Memoirs of Hadrian is on my list, although I haven't read it yet.
>>
Quints for Queers.

I recommend A Darker Shade of Magic. It's lightly sprinkled in the first one, the adoptive brother and son have a little flitting going on. In the second book, that son gets an official sexy pirate boyfriend.
>>
Nigga get yo ass readin Proust, da best queer lit in da wold
>>
>>9255576

Nice list. They have Liqueur on it, which is an amazing book.
>>
>>9256846

Which do you recommend? He wrote like 50 books.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.