[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I wanna really get into literature, I got bored of reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1444434373282.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1444434373282.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
So, I wanna really get into literature, I got bored of reading non-cape comics and animu.

I really like non-fiction stuff, to be more specific, I started reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead (Bardo Thodol) and some of Carl Jung's text about the collective unconscious. I'm an atheist but this whole shit regarding "enlightenment" and "peace of mind" really attracts me.

Plus you could say I'm a drug addict that really likes acid. This whole new interest stem from me visiting a Narcotic Anonymouys group, quitting the group and relapsing again, plus the whole stress from work, plus 2 very real suicide attempts that ended up in ER.
>>
>>9255122
So whats the purpose of this thread?
>>
You can blame this neurotypical sissyboy for smug cock garden.
>>
>>9255144
I forgot to add the sentence "recommend me more similar shit".

Isn't that implicitive obvious?
>>
>>9255144
For us to recommend him infinite jest of course
>>
>>9255151
I would recommend infinite jest OP.
>>
>acid
>suicide

wat

anyway, at the cost of sounding cliche, nietzsche is what you want. everything you've heard about him is inaccurate. if you haven't read much philosophy then first do a bit of reading around the topics.

the doors of perception is aldous huxley experience with mescaline

and let's not forget infinite jest
>>
>>9255122
>drug addict
>acid
When I was 14 my favorite book was The Trial.
>>
>>9255991
I laughed at that part too
>tfw didn't sage because I want this thread to stay up so people can laugh at OP
>>
>>9255122
>plus 2 very real suicide attempts that ended up in ER.

How do you fail at killing yourself not just once, but twice? Once I can accept because sometimes freak accidents happen which allow you to live like the guy from Band of Brothers who shot himself in the head but survived and lived the rest of life blind. But to have it happen twice must mean that you either really didn't want to die or that you're too incredibly stupid to figure out how to end it. Which is it? Should I make fun of you for being an attention whore or for not knowing how to die?
>>
>>9256013
laughing waaaaay too hard at OP rn

>2 very real suicide attempts that ended up in ER
why not 3 that end for good
>>
>>9255122
Listen man, before you get into this you gotta drop that air of self importance. None of this will be enjoyable if you believe that as you are right now your completley capable of taking on anything complex in the /lit/ community. Just know one thing, you're doing this for fun. Read something easy like Finnegans Wake to start, I just really don't think you would enjoy anything else suggested to you in this thread yet, you might have to read more first.
>>
File: 1401972961469.jpg (55KB, 399x295px) Image search: [Google]
1401972961469.jpg
55KB, 399x295px
y'all posting in a bait bread
>>
>>9255122
>I got bored of reading non-cape comics
>by which I don't mean I want to read cape comics but that I'm bored of comics; the non-cape is there just for taste signaling even though I'm also kind of implying that my tastes are pleb
>communicating such obnoxiousness with such little means
I'm in awe.
>>
>>9256717
>>9256713
Those subtle nuances, that adroit in anon's subtle play with preconceptions. I guess you could say hes a bonafide public MASTERBAITOR
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.