[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

has anyone ever used a dream for inspiration to write? maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2805.jpg (126KB, 577x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2805.jpg
126KB, 577x640px
has anyone ever used a dream for inspiration to write? maybe just for a scene, a short story or even as the base of something more elaborated?
>>
coleridge?
>>
>>9250309
haven't read anything from him. did he just use the subject of dreams in his writing or did he use actual dreams he had in his writing?
>>
>>9250317
in Xanadu did Kubla Khan a stately pleasure-dome decree etc etc go look it up
>>
>>9250295
I dream a full season for a shojo anime after I played guitar hero under a cold with high fever. My friends were like dude wtf.
>>
>>9250393
have you written it out?
i dream extremely vivid and weird. somehow i feel like all these surreal ideas are lost if i don't turn them into something
>>
File: andre breton.jpg (20KB, 340x356px) Image search: [Google]
andre breton.jpg
20KB, 340x356px
>>9250295
>Surrealism is based on the belief in the omnipotence of dreams, in the undirected play of thought.
>>
>>9250395
Actually not, I don't have that one on paper. But it was shocking, and a good anecdote to share with friends too. I create more stories daydreaming, and don't worry, there is a lot more I don't write on paper, my whole life is a waste anyway.
>>
>>9250395
My dreams are extremely vivid, but they're not very weird they just make no sense while being otherwise mundane.

Like last night I had two back to back dreams and all that happened was in one I was back in my old highschool, and in one I was hanging out with two of my friends. Yet the buildings I was in are buildings that a) I've never seen before and b)made absolutely no sense. Like in the one that was supposed to be my old highschool there was only one door, and it was an L shaped hole just a little two small for a man to fit through, so you had to take a radiator-key and twist your earlobe with it to make yourself slide through.

I tried to draw it but I just realized the dimensions of the hole make absolutely no sense compared to the dimensions of the walls.
>>
once or twice. i wouldn't recommend it.

> dream about stealing someone's artificial eyes
> write it out as a story
> someone points out the symbolism
> want to hide in a hole forever to escape human scrutiny
>>
>>9250295
Yes. Actually, the book I'm writing now, exists exclusively because I had a dream, and I wanted a story to go with it. It's the ending scene.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.