[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Existential Crisis : An Attempt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: existential crisis.png (18KB, 448x109px) Image search: [Google]
existential crisis.png
18KB, 448x109px
Can anyone please give suggestion for this piece of writing? Thanks.
http://hasitpbhatt.blogspot.com/2017/03/existential-crisis.html
>>
It seems like English isn't your first language. I'm gonna keep readin, but you should know that there are a lot of grammar errors in this
>>
I liked it. Reminded me of a story by Asimov called "Let there be light..."

It's funny... your grammar is seriously poor, but you write with a better "rhythm of thought" and a more natural voice than the great majority of /lit/.

If you clean up your grammar, I can see you goin somewhere with this stuff, OP. Not "goin somewhere" as in becoming some big author guy, but in gettin people to read and enjoy your works.
>>
Yes, English is not my first language. And, I don't really know what to use for grammar correction. I used Grammarly, but it doesn't highlight all the mistakes.

Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>9248779
I recommend reading the elements of style, by Strunk and White. It might be above your level though.

I could also point out some of the errors, if you like. They're mostly relatively minor, actually. Like the sentences don't go off track, it's just like you're missing gerunds and your tenses are off from place to place.
>>
>>9248796
I'd love if you can do that. I wanted to ask you for the same, but then I didn't want to kill the golden hen by my greed.
>>
>>9248796
And as you might have observed, I don't have much vocabulary, so if you find some better word or phrase to say the same thing, please do suggest.

Thanks.
>>
>>9248796
>>9248796
Are you there, sir?
>>
>>9248966
Ya I'll just do the first paragraphs:

>If there exists any creator, why did (s)he create the world in the first place.
Sounds awkward and is missing a question mark.

>What is the point of writing stories? Only a few people read it, and in the long term, I don't think anyone will even remember the stories or the author of the story.
Should be "read them." Should be: "I don't think anyone will even remember the stories or their author."

>It's not the first time when I am surrounded by these questions.
This isn't the first time I've been surrounded by these questions.

>Maybe my mother is right, it's probably this existential crisis talking.
Awkward... an existential crisis is an event, not a mood or something that would be easier to anthropomorphize like you are.

>Since childhood, I have been asked what I wanted to be when I grow up.
Passive voice. Try: "..people have asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up."

>With age, the answers have changed from an astronaut to a scientist, to a professor, to a computer scientist to a writer.
hard to rewrite this, but it sounds awkward

>I always thought that once you enter adulthood, you'll know what you want to be.
This sounds awkward. Dunno why. Maybe: "I always thought that when you entered adulthood, you'd know what you wanted to be."

>In teenage, I often laughed at people who changed their stream or took a job in the different field.
Should be: "In adolescence, I often laughed at people who changed their direction or took a job in a different field." (changed their stream is vague)

>I used to think those are good for nothing people who don't even know what they want to do in life.
"I used to think those people were good for nothings who didn't know what they wanted to do in life."
>>
>>9249077
Thanks. I've tried to do some modifications. Maybe skim through it if you get some time.

Thanks again.
>>
>>9249077
I've made some modifications, can you go through them once?
>>
>>9250608

Want to reupload? Wouldn't mind reading
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.