[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg (103KB, 392x574px) Image search: [Google]
Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg
103KB, 392x574px
help
>>
please
>>
http://gravitys-rainbow.pynchonwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
>>
>>9248421
thanks thats actually quite helpful
I didnt want to buy a full guide 2 times the size of GR

man, in some parts I really dont understand what the fuck is going on, like he just starts rambling a bunch of weird shit but still haves some kind of coherence, I'm having difficulties following the plot, but the "headspace" some passages create compensates for it

Was Pynchon trying to top Ulysses without going full brekekkekkekekekkke?
>>
File: 42.gif (60KB, 662x862px) Image search: [Google]
42.gif
60KB, 662x862px
>>9247802
>>
>>9248497
>gif
hmm
>>
File: 42.png (99KB, 662x862px) Image search: [Google]
42.png
99KB, 662x862px
>>9248531
we're running out of bandwidth, anon.
>>
>>9248481
Shit is it actually as hard as Ulysses?
>>
>>9247802
Part 1 is all set-pup. It's introducing you to the characters. But it does go on some massive meditative, and hilarious, tangents. Some of the bets bits of prose are in part one.

Part 2, especially the first half, is all plot and very easy to read. That's probably my favourite part of the book t b h, cos everything moves so fast and is so crazy. Part 3 comprises the bulk of the book; the pace levels out and there's a lot of wandering. And then Part 4 is just pure insanity.

Like all of these big meme books anon, some parts are harder than others. Take your time and don't give up.
>>
This guide is useful - just tells you vaguely what's happening rather than all the refs. use it when u get stuck

https://www.ottosell.de/pynchon/rainbow.htm
>>
>>9248786
Eh, no. It's hardest parts aren't harder than Ulysses

>>9248481

Brekekekek is from finnegans wake, which is harder than Ulysses, which isn't so hard on subsequent readthroughs
>>
>>9247802
>someone makes the thread as I happen to get it
Do I have to read all the references first? Looking at them as I go along would break the flow and immersion for me and reading them all seems kind of boring.
>>
>>9249150
of course not
>>
>>9249150
I am in the middle, only looking up references when I reach something somewhat important sounding that I don't understand.
Like if a character is compared to some actor, or if some characteristic is described with a reference, but not if something is just mentioned.
>>
nah fuck this shit i will just read without reading any guides ot whatever and see what happens
>>
>>9249589
it's just a book anon, you don't need to beat yourself up trying to go for 100% comprehension on the first run
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.