[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dialect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: ''''.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
''''.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
What does "dialect" in general mean in philosophy?

I feel like there are as many dialects as there are colors, and I can't honestly describe it.
>>
you mean "dialectic" you goddamn dickbreath retarded motherfucker
>>
>>9247679
I'm sorry. I thought dialect is the process and dialectic would bean like adjective..
>>
Pretentious word for logic
>>
>>9247688
There are several uses and definitions, but generally when someone uses 'dialectic' they're either referring to an 'argumentative/conversational space' or an approach to logic emphasizing contradictions---usually through point and counterpoint. Ex. 1: "the current dialectic in the field of metaethics has focused on intuitionalism and error theory" and Ex. 2: "there exists position A. A has objection B, leading to either argument C or modified position D. The skeptical side respond with other points, etc."

It's generally used in reference to Plato, Hegel, and Marx, and their application of the term are far more specific and nuanced.
>>
>>9247832
Has there been a philosophical inquiry into the nature and use of "dialectic process"
>>
>>9248049
If you are interested in the Socratic method you should read Meno.
>>
>>9247635
No philosophical term, especially one as endlessly reinterpreted as the dialectic, has a single meaning. Many philosophers LOVE to use a word to mean something different from what it commonly does, to take the brain of the reader out of its comfort zone.
>>
Dialectic is the study of words and their meanings
>>
File: 1487469994329.jpg (81KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1487469994329.jpg
81KB, 1000x800px
>>9248147
U I like
>>
File: 1485029328398.png (487KB, 597x425px) Image search: [Google]
1485029328398.png
487KB, 597x425px
>>9247635
So listen you got ideology #1 over here and ideology #2 over here and they don't care for the other very much so they're gonna beat the shit out of each other until one succumbs but the victor will be changed for the experience and can thus no longer be ideology #1/#2 but rather a new synthesis of the two in some ratio.

This is Hegelian dialectics. Marx differs a bit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.