[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why did he turn into a bug?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Metamorphosis.jpg (100KB, 585x952px) Image search: [Google]
Metamorphosis.jpg
100KB, 585x952px
So why did he turn into a bug?
>>
Because he was gay
>>
File: helpless_frog.jpg (200KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
helpless_frog.jpg
200KB, 764x512px
>>9246543
Hlaeo hlaeo nd haaapl haalp
>>
There's no empirical evidence for People turning into bugs, which is why I REFUSE to read these idiotic ramblings of a mentally ill jewish lawyer

and so should you
>>
>>9246548
Cheap as fuck b8
Kys
>>
>>9246554
yeah, not my best work
>>
>>9246555
These trips are better
Youre improving
>>
>>9246543
He turns into a mistkäfer.
Is that supposed to resemble who he is with being a slave to his job only moving shit?
>>
The point of The Metamorphosis is to be yourself
>>
File: 1487086629318.gif (2MB, 366x360px) Image search: [Google]
1487086629318.gif
2MB, 366x360px
>>9246566
Highschool teachers always said it is a story about father and son.
>>
It's a government experiment. The book is actually a sci-fi story about crazy scientists messing with DNA
There are a lot of clues
>>
he didnt
>>
>>9246602
whoooaahhh looks like a got kafkad again
>>
>>9246543
Because he had low self-esteem
>>
>>9246545
I laughed out loud. Goddamnit. My sense of humor is still stuck in middle school.
>>
>>9246543
It's a metaphor for having a mental breakdown form Gregor being overworked his whole life.
>>
>>9246566
>dad, you can't take revenge on animals, that's the point of moby dick
>lisa, the point of moby dick is be yourself
>>
>>9246543
bcuz he didnt jus b hisself

>>9246548
i like you
>>
When you're constantly beat down by family expectations, when you start to fear getting out of bed because you will be yelled at for something that you have or have not done correctly, when you live the existence of a emotional toilet day in and day out hoping that you could just be left alone for one day...
>>
he wanted to =)
>>
This thread is astonishingly kafkaesque!
>>
>>9246543
He was only useful and loved by his family as long as he was a useful and productive human. Even though Gregor was still himself as a bug, his fundamental character and soul was still intact, his family no longer wanted him.

They loved him for what he did, not who he was.
>>
>>9247095
Fuck. Strike out that first "useful".
>>
In the original German he's not a 'bug', he's 'ungeziefer' or like, a 'nonentity', 'vermin', 'cretin'.
>>
I remember reading this book and being surprised by the lack of descriptions about the way he was feeling. Maybe Kafka skipped this because it's unnecessary to get his point across?
>>
>>9246562
*Marienkäfer
>>
>>9246922
but i can't see how having a mental breakdown can turn you into a bug. I mean don't you just get sad or something? I am also not aware of any case of a human turning into a bug because they were overworked, maybe it has happened in India or something (lots of weird stuff happens there) but i haven't heard about it. i thought the story was pretty unrealistic. a man becoming a bug just can't happen i mean what happens to the brain? does it become a bug brain? how can he still think like a human with a bug sized brain? i don't get it. very bad story
>>
>>9247270
Ne, dachte ich auch aber die Witwe Hausfrau hat gsagt er wär ein Mistkäfer....
>>
>>9246543
because you should just bee your self
>>
>>9247133

we have been lied to for too long
>>
>>9247133
WHAT
>>
>>9247332
>>9247340
His features are still described as that of a cockroach
>>
>>9247350
Ah
Thx for the insight
>>
>>9247133
How does that affect the narrative? Isn't he still described as having more legs, antennae, a shell, etc? What about the baseball his father throws?
>>
>>9246543
Because God thought it would be funny. And it was!
>>
>>9247350
>cockroach
No he is described as being a mistkäfer!
A 'Dung Beetle' according to Google translate.
>>9247340
>>9247332
>>
>>9246543

Because Kafka's jewish self-hatred manifested in him as a piece of experimental fiction.
>>
>>9247473
This.

That's how he felt his family, and other people around him, saw him as: a useless, disgusting, bothersome creature.
>>
>>9246589
Seriously?
>>
Because it truly was, in the end, a miraculous Verwandlung.
>>
>>9247713
this desu
it was the family's metamorphosis all along
>>
>>9247713
>>9247772
I guess we all really were the ungeziefer after all
>>
He was alienated by the stresses of the modern world. Dumbasses.
>>
File: gregor.jpg (17KB, 269x400px) Image search: [Google]
gregor.jpg
17KB, 269x400px
MOTHER IT'S ME
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.