[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I read to best prepare for Kierkegaard? I have a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: kierkegaard2_360x450.jpg (183KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kierkegaard2_360x450.jpg
183KB, 800x1000px
What should I read to best prepare for Kierkegaard? I have a decent background in philosophy and have read the Bible, but who is he responding to in particular, if anyone?

Also, is there any thinker as sexier than him?
>>
>>9246354
he's pretty entry-leve bro
>>
>>9246354
You don't need to read anything, honestly. People will say Hegel and the Bible, but don't believe them.
>>9246359
This.
>>
>>9246360
he is though
>>
>>9246354
In quite a few places he is responding to Hegelian thought. Namely because it was a big and new stream of thought in the intellectual circles of Copenhagen, most prominently the circle around Heiberg, whom Kierkegaard admired in a sense and took inspiration from early on. After Heiberg basically shit all over Kierk in a review of Either/Or, Kierkegaard took up a particular disdain for everything Heibergian and therefore Hegelian.

Plato/Socrates is a common reference point as well, along with Goethe and the Bible.

But it is very possible to read Kierk without much background really
>>
File: 1479146397037.gif (2MB, 286x400px) Image search: [Google]
1479146397037.gif
2MB, 286x400px
>>9246388
Thanks, that's exactly the kind of answer I needed.
I have read Plato and Aristotle extensively so this shouldn't be a problem. I only read Faust for Goethe but I don't think I need more if it's like Schopenhauer who refences him a lot but you don't actually need to have read him. I'm familiar with hegelian thoughts but I never read him. Guess I'll just jump in
>>
>>9246354

A thorough understanding of Kant and the German idealists after him, particularly Schelling and Hegel.

>>9246359
>>9246360

lel.

Go on and hit me up with your exegesis of the Concluding Unscientific Postscript famalamadingdongs.

I think Kierkegaard is similar to Plato in that it is easy to have a surface level understanding, but there are depths which take a lot more work.
>>
>>9246418
I'm with you on the depth of Kierkegaard. Him being Christian, his works are similar to the Bible in that way. The words are easy to understand and people can be fooled into thinking they "get" it.
>>
>>9246670
>Kierkegaard
>Christian
Fuck off retard
>>
>>9247280
You sure about that.
>>
File: rnUEYe6.jpg (85KB, 540x653px) Image search: [Google]
rnUEYe6.jpg
85KB, 540x653px
>>9246354
You don't need to do any preparation, as he is pretty entry-level.

DESU, I'd wreak his boipucci (no homo).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.