[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this is the new meme trilogy right? We better get to reading.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: meme-trilogy.png (843KB, 1000x500px)
meme-trilogy.png
843KB, 1000x500px
So this is the new meme trilogy right? We better get to reading.
>>
File: 1463846800477.jpg (13KB, 147x147px) Image search: [Google]
1463846800477.jpg
13KB, 147x147px
>Joshua Cohen
>Witz
>>
>>9245769
2666 belongs with the second meme trilogy, along with the Recognitions and Women and Men. If this is to be the third, then The Instructions must take its place as that is about on caliber with the jewbook and comicbook
>>
>>9245769
>Witz
>Jerusalem
I have never seen these even mentioned here before.
>>
the new meme trilogy has to have some recognizable faces on it, Pynchon and Joyce are considered some of the greatest writers of all time, and DFW was a lit-star in the late 90s
I think the new meme trilogy needs one Bob Dylan album, one Marukami book, and whatever else
those two definitely earned their way though
>>
No the trilogy must be English language originally.

The new trilogy is:
Women & Men
The Tunnel
JR
>>
>>9245796
Both Witz and the other, Book of Numbers I think, are mentioned every now and then.

Now, if you haven't seen Jerusalem being mentioned, you clearly only moved to /lit/ in the past 3 months, and even then it's finally coming back since people are just now finishing it and forming their opinions.
>>
>>9245815
been here for a few years and still nope
>>
>>9245826
it was all over the place for about a week either side of release and that's it.
>>
>>9245826
>>9245841
pretty sure ive seen at least two threads about it within the last couple days
>>
>>9245769
>what you always thought had been west was really only a left turn taken with your back to the north

Turning left with your back facing North is turning East, right?

The quote's by Joshua Cohen.
>>
>>9245995
if you turn to the left facing north you go west. if your back is facing north and you turn left, youre right, you turn east. but he says it what "you always thought had been west." I think what it means is that the person feels like they are going west but really they are turning east.
>>
Let's get this straight.

>meme trilogy #1
Ulysses
Gravity's Rainbow
Infinite Jest

>meme trilogy #2
The Recognitions
The Tunnel

>meme trilogy #3
Leaves of Grass
On the Edge
Women and Men

No room for cohen or the comic book man.
>>
Miss Macintosh My Darling
Women and Men
Terra Nostra (and if they have to be english then):
The Recognitions (Maybe JR but the recognitions packs a lot more of a punch)
>>
File: person.jpg (172KB, 343x478px) Image search: [Google]
person.jpg
172KB, 343x478px
>>
>>9245769
>not book of numbers
lel whatever you say op
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.