[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Share a good quote or short passage from a book you like.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

ITT: Share a good quote or short passage from a book you like.

>There’s no use in denying it: this has been a bad week. I’ve started drinking my own urine.
>>
>Bret Easton Ellis
>>
>>9243806

>Always
>>
>>9243806
yknow i always wondered; the hell kinda name is "Bret" `?

like seriously whod name their kid Bret?
>>
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent
>>
i started reading this but i dropped it like halfway because i got bored of reading the same descriptions of clothes over and over again. should i pick it up again?
>>
>>9243879

Yes, just skip over the descriptions of clothing and shit, you're not missing anything on those
>>
>>9243879
No. Read something good instead
>>
>>9243870
>>
I knew a fuckboi named bret we would call butt nuggets
>>
>>9243806

From the Overcoat by Gogol, spoilered for those who have not read it, since I legitimately consider it one of the best tonal shifts I have ever encountered in literature, and if you spoil it for yourself without reading the short story beforehand you're really robbing yourself of something precious:

Leave me alone! Why do you insult me?

Also, Moby Dick:

>Talk not to me of blasphemy, man; I'd strike the sun if it insulted me.
>>
File: HighRise(1stEd).jpg (20KB, 220x339px) Image search: [Google]
HighRise(1stEd).jpg
20KB, 220x339px
>Their real opponent was not the hierarchy of residents in the heights far above them, but the image of the building in their own minds, the multiplying layers of concrete that anchored them to the floor.
>>
>>9243930
the film was fucking awesome
>>
>Another time, twice even, I decided to force myself to fall in love. And I did suffer, gentleman, I assure you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.