[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to think better so you can read and analyse properly(Philosophy)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What books(or whatever) should I read so I can read and analyse stuff better(Philosophy)? I want books that help you improve your mostly important tool that thinking is because you could go through everything while still barely understand anything/ missing the point completely.
>>
>>9242728
Lacan/Hegel.
>>
>>9242803
I meant to be able to understand philosophy properly in the first. I'm pretty sure starting with them (or any other philosopher for that matter) would be extremely pointless
>>
>>9242808
I was just memeing. I don't really understand what it is you're looking for. Philosophy is pretty self-referential and you'll have to start somewhere. Maybe take an intro to philosophy class. There are plenty on YouTube.
>>
>>9242834
>Maybe take an intro to philosophy class. There are plenty on YouTube.
I'm aware of that but I want something on how to think "properly". Just on the basic skill of it that goes indepth
>>
File: criticalthinking.jpg (70KB, 399x499px) Image search: [Google]
criticalthinking.jpg
70KB, 399x499px
>>9242728

Read up on critical thinking. Pic related is a good textbook, although there are many fine books on the subject whether intended for students or general readers.
>>
>>9242728
Richter - The Critical Tradition

I was led to this book by one of yale's youtube classes called Intro to Theory of Literature or something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YY4CTSQ8nY

The main thing is to start. My first exposure to philosophy was reading about theravada buddhism - it's mostly simply written and makes you begin to churn your urn, regardless of if you agree with it or not.
>>
>>9242728
Think or sink
Mollicone-Long, Gina.
>>
>>9242728
Learn some logical fallacies and try to identify flawed arguments idk
>>
Go to law school
>>
>>9242728

Learn the Trivium

I think there's a nun who wrote a good book on it, the name escapes me
>>
>>9244227
This
Wikipedia has an awesome article on it
>>
>>9242728
study math, chess and poker
>>
>>9242728
Scott Plous, "The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.