[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was I supposed to make anything out of it? Because I didn't.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 52036.jpg (42KB, 286x475px) Image search: [Google]
52036.jpg
42KB, 286x475px
Was I supposed to make anything out of it?
Because I didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Sad!
>>
>>9242731
what did you get from it, anon?
>>
>>9242806
jes b urself
>>
Go back to it and read it again and again until you do.

Or just go and sit by a river and watch it until you do.

Both yield the same lessons, now figure this out by yourself.
>>
In Hesse’s novel, experience, the totality of conscious events of a human life, is shown as the best way to approach understanding of reality and attain enlightenment—Hesse’s crafting of Siddhartha’s journey shows that understanding is attained not through intellectual methods, nor through immersing oneself in the carnal pleasures of the world and the accompanying pain of samsara. It is the completeness of these experiences that allows Siddhartha to attain understanding.

Thus, the individual events are meaningless when considered by themselves—Siddhartha’s stay with the Shramanas and his immersion in the worlds of love and business do not lead to nirvana, yet they cannot be considered distractions, for every action and event gives Siddhartha experience, which leads to understanding.
>>
>>9242948
thanks for your input!
>>
>>9242188
I agree with this guy (>>9242832).

If you have a good background in Buddhism, then it is a great to analyse, but if you don't get it then you need to really work on the spiritual basics.
>>
>>9243185
but what is there to get, exactly? is it so hard to put it into words?
>>
>>9243247
Yes. As Siddhartha says, wisdom can be felt, not taught.
>>
>>9242188
Not understanding one of the simplest novels out there. My friend, you may as well got shift through piles of shit in /tv/ and /mu/, because you won't go far here.
>>
>>9243282
how convenient
>>
>>9243282
Then why bother writing a book? What makes it any different to a self help book in this aspect? Don't get me wrong, it's a cool work of fiction, but if it pretends to be more than that, then it's either plain simple or I'm missing something.

>>9243318
I never said I didn't understand it, you little pretentious cunt. I'm just saying I couldn't grasp any philosophical insight, again, supposing there's deeper content in this book.

And after all, I can't overlook the fact that it was writen by a german.
>>
>>9243321
Wisdom is highly keen intuition. How would you describe teaching someone to be intuitive? It's a feeling. Some things in this life must be felt to be taught. So give live and take chances. You never know what you'll learn and the opportunities you'll find.
Cliche, yet if you practiced it, you probably wouldn't be asking these questions. Or perhaps you do understand it and you're over thinking it as something beyond your grasp when it's right in the palm of your hands.
>>
>>9242188
You have to find the truth yourself, anyone who claims that they can teach you it is wrong.
>>
>>9243927
>then it's either plain simple or I'm missing something.

Literally the point, thats why at the very end you have his wife show up with his bratty kid. He realized that he couldn't tell the kid(i.e. anyone) the lessons he learned, because to learn them he had to go on the journey to find his own truth.
Which eventually became that there was no greater truth than the experience in front of him, the river that you can only step in once, this moment right now.
>>9243991
I think the hardest part about that lesson is that to understand it you have to have the experience. When I was 19, I couldn't understand things the way I do today, but when I was 19 I also didn't think the same way about things either.
They call it 'growth', but in my opinion I think it's really just 'change'. The only reason people like to call in growth in my view is that they want to feel a sense of satisfaction when they look back at their lives, when the truth that is unavoidable is that all you've really done is have time pass. The attachments, the emotions you ascribed to every experience in your life are the things you remember and mull over. For a lot of negative people, they are living in the past in their minds, and for a lot of positive people they are accepting what they have right now.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.