[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chomsky's a fucking goof discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8790.jpg (22KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8790.jpg
22KB, 250x194px
Chomsky's a fucking goof
discuss
>>
He has a stupid name and wears dumb ties.
OWNED.
>>
>>9239684

That fucking debate between he and Foucault was the dumbest shit I've ever watched.
They spent the entire time trying (and failing) to articulate subtle misunderstandings in each others understand of the argument because both of their egos were too huge to speak in the same language.
>>
he's fucking gay and a jew can't get any more lamer than that
>>
>>9239705
i was thinking about his argument re: justice re: revolution today and thought that revolution would revolutionize even the concept of justice which is an illusion propagated by the ruling class, or something. in that class struggle is inherently selfish and towards well-being of the person/people, and not in the name of any illusory ideal. in fact i would propose a Marxist-spinozism along a similar line, that communism is better for the individual- THE CONCRETE INDIVIDUAL, NOT THE GOD-SELF OF THE CAPITALIST-SUBJECT
>>
>>9239684
Go to bed, Zizek
>>
he is a great autist convinced of his own obtuse dialectical gibbs

he was never right about anything

NEVER
>>
wow solid refutations guys, nice way to cite your opinions and build strong counterarguments to his views, looks like chompers just got fucking DECIMATED
>>
>>9239804
'oh gawsh i discovered an a priori tree-structure of language gerd berss america'
>>
>>9239818
dude isn't he a fucking anarcho capitalist? why does anyone take this joke seriously? my first impression was "fuck that guy" and i feel like everyone has been sucked into giving this piece of shit way more credit than he deserves
>>
>>9239684

Just as someone should not put too much into the opinions of a Brain Surgeon on deep-water diving techniques, don't ask a Ph. D. in Philosophy of Language about politics.
>>
>>9239858
great analogy, anon
>>
>>9239804
>>9239822
mad brits and their archaic english, kek
>>
He's good at making it look like he won arguments. And he's not funny so he's jealous of Zizek.
>>
More importantly, can we discuss whether chomsky is a robot?

Evidence 1:
His memories are literally saved in a hard drive.
>I could see from his work that his memory was a force of nature, and one day I dared to ask him about it. He told me he has what he calls "buffers," or little drawers in his brain that he opens to retrieve conversations and correspondence from as long as 50 years ago. He told me he thought for a long time that everyone had this ability.
>Noam's inborn abilities include an incredible memory that retains both broad strokes and also fine detail with computer-like recall. In the 1960s, Noam would routinely give references from books he'd read referencing a page, or even a part of a page.

Evidence 2:
Inhuman learning speed.
>On one occasion I gave him a 500-page book to read on the war in Laos at about 10 at night, and met him the next morning at breakfast prior to our visit to political officer Jim Murphy at the U.S. Embassy. During the interview the issue of the number of North Vietnamese troops in Laos came up. The Embassy claimed that 50,000 had invaded Laos, when the evidence clearly showed there were no more than a few thousand. I almost fell off my chair when Noam quoted a footnote making that point, several hundred pages in, from the book I had given him the night before.

Evidence 3:
Scans pages instead of reading them.
>I have a number of particularly vivid memories of Noam from our week together. One was watching him read a newspaper. He would gaze at a page, seem to memorize it, and then a second later turn it and gaze at the next page.
>>
>>9239930
Every Jew has those abilities
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.