[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with Hegel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: chrome_2017-03-14_19-12-38.png (324KB, 1015x401px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-14_19-12-38.png
324KB, 1015x401px
What's up with Hegel?
>>
He's the greatest.
>>
He's the worst.
>>
pseuds cant pierce his wizardly gaze
>>
more like heGAY amirite
>>
>>9238510 nailed it.
>>
>>9238510
hella fr*ckin epic
>>
>>9237530
>>9237514
He's okay.
>>
His ideas are great to interact with. His works are awful to read.
>>
What's some essential Hegel?
>>
>>9243216
In general, the Phenomology of Spirit is essential.

My expertise is in political philosophy, so I highly recommend the Philosophy of Right.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, the Encyclopedia of the Philosophical Sciences is an important work, but there are so many other important works out there that I would shelve it for much later in life.
>>
>>9241514
thesis, antithesis, synthesis

:^)
>>
>>9237503
Nobody here has read him. People just pretend to like him because they like the idea of a "mystic" and they want to shit on Russell
>>
>>9243350
russell was a better hegelian that these moes will ever be
until he wasn't
>>
>>9243320
Aren't his books really long, could I read abridged versions, or would too much be lost?
>>
>>9243415
No half measures you fucking faggot. Either commit or don't read at all
>>
>>9243415
Yes, you could, but only if abridged by an expert, not some advice you get on the internet.
>>
>>9237503
He's the grandfather of continental philosophy.
>>
The only.philosopher.which I couldnt read.without other scholarly sources

his writing is garbage
>>
>>9238510
That was epic. That was epic FTW!!!
>>
>>9238510
K
>>
File: hegel-upsidedown.jpg (28KB, 237x300px) Image search: [Google]
hegel-upsidedown.jpg
28KB, 237x300px
His only useful contribution to the world was giving us Marx
>>
he's a meme
>>
>>9244024
So no cotribution at all.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.