[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pierre Klossowski

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 138293034.jpg (582KB, 679x1024px) Image search: [Google]
138293034.jpg
582KB, 679x1024px
Why does nobody discuss him here?
>>
Nobody here read "The Baphomet" or "Nietzsche and the Vicious Circle"?
>>
no man's bump
>>
>Michel Foucault noted in a letter that Klossowski's book La Monnaie vivante is the most sublime book of our era.[citation needed]
>>
File: 65763421535658.jpg (237KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
65763421535658.jpg
237KB, 640x300px
>>9238462
just another weird shit from france. no disqass
>>
>>9237796
>>9237493
Love his work on Nietzsche (dedicated to Deleuze who's work influenced him and who discussed Nietzsche with him while still in high school). It's a bit psychoanalytical and excentric, but Klossowski is a bit of an obsessive when it comes to his phantasm (recurring images of midgets fondeling his wife and licking her palm while she's bondaged). There's a documentary about it on Youtube in which he is interviewes.
>>
Tried getting into this guy but I honestly have no clue. I read an essay of his on Nietzsche that was read to Derrida and Deleuze and some famous dudes. One of the first comments was "This is a fascist interpretation of Nietzsche" and Klossowski just replied "I have nothing to say to you" or something like that.

He's some kind of satanic Nietzchean or what? His writing is too dense for me.

Personally, I think him, Bataille and Blanchot were hacks. Convince me otherwise. It's just too obscure and edgy for my tastes. If they're overlooked I'm not complaining.

I welcome more discussion though.
>>
>>9239380
Source on that essay? Also, read his book on Nietzsche, it is different from his essay if it is the one I'm thinking of. Just skip over what you don't like, his book has plenty of interesting points, especially if you're familiar with Deleuze's work on Nietzsche.
>>
Also, check Actual/Virtual journal on youtube, they are deleuzians who also have a symposium dedicated to Klossowski, including an intro to his work on Nietzsche.
>>
>>9239380
Bataille's pretty solid, interesting life story, creative thinker.
It's just that his fiction is all that amazing...maybe Story of the Eye, but for other reasons.
At least read "The Cruel Practice of Art" to see if there's anything there for you.
>>
>>9237493
That cat is terrified... or possessed by Baphomet.
>>
>>9241332
I watched some of it and didn't get anything out of it.

At this point someone needs to spoon feed me Klossowki because he seems like a Cioran-tier posturing edge lord.
>>
>>9239380

Bataille is no hack. Check "The notion of expenditure", it's very short and absolutely great.

itech.fgcu.edu/faculty/bhobbs/Bataille-the-Notion-of-Expenditure.pdf
>>
>>9243285
It depends on what you're interested in since Klossowski had several areas of activity. He was posturing in a sense, he was accused of not knowing how to write basic french after winning a prize for The Baphomet because he arbitrarily used expressions from the entire history of the french language with no explanation. All intellectuals from that period tried to find their style in a sort of "style in itself" (a singularity as opposes to belonging to a movement, especially by those influenced by Nietzsche) hence some of the weird experiments done. For the rest of the unpleasant stuff you can blame the desire to subvert psychianalysis from within with even more psychobabble. Klossowski may have plenty such lacks, but he still has plenty of substance once it clicks with you. Maybe start with some of Deleuze's work on Nietzsche to see where Klossowski is coming from?
>>
>>9241332
>Actual/Virtual journal on youtube, they are deleuzians
their parents must be so proud
>>
>>9246139
Well I'm guessing many of them work at universities ao probably.
>>
>>9244224
Just fucking spoon feed me Klossowki. Deleuze isn't satisfying and I'm not rereading him to then read Klossowski.

Convince me that it isn't, "Dude, Nietzschean satanism LMAO, but I still like my Parisian cafes!"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.