[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

going to a Zizek talk next week, what am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: zizek2.png (79KB, 236x302px) Image search: [Google]
zizek2.png
79KB, 236x302px
going to a Zizek talk next week, what am I in for?
>>
>>9236837
A waste of time and money, assuming you're not lying. I know you wouldn't do that, would you anon?
>>
>>9236843
I'm not lying.
>>
File: zizek egel.jpg (26KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
zizek egel.jpg
26KB, 300x302px
>>9236837
*Sniffs*
>>
>>9236837
The same things you've already seen on youtube. You can't expect standup comedians to have new material for every gig.
>>
>>9236843
>lying

The man does more gigs than the Stones, it isn't hard to see him
>>
>>9236935
How do I know you're not lying.
>>
Ask him to come to /lit/
>>
File: RC20111127SlavoyZizek01-768x1024.jpg (153KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
RC20111127SlavoyZizek01-768x1024.jpg
153KB, 768x1024px
>>9236960
>I tried to look at that page but saw only inane comments
>>
Now coke is warm, commodity is turning into shit
>>
>>9236975
>implying zizek wouldn't love the autists here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ViUMElnlZs
>>
>>9236923
zizkek
>>
>>9236923
zizek
>>
>relatively new to university, don't study philosophy but interested in it and decide to go to some talks
>no friends
>zizek giving a talk at my university a couple of months ago
>the floor opens and the audience can ask questions
>i stand up and mutter 'but zish is an anomoly slavoj because...' in perfect slovenian philosopher accent
>i've tried to block it from my mind
>because no one knows me they think this is how i really talk and zizek doesn't pick up on it either before going into some lengthy diatribe completely separate from what i said
>cute girl comes up to me after the lecture and asks if i am slovenian and to invite me to some drinks with the philosophy undergrads
>i've kept this accent up for months at this stage, it's just part of my life
>when will it ever end

I have friends now, but they think I'm slovenian and they call me Zizek. What can I do /lit/?
>>
>>9237780
live in a less lame wish fulfillment fantasy
>>
>>9236837
Then I will see you there, my man
>>
>>9237780
jej
>>
>>9236837
Burgers.
>>
sophistry
>>
File: inane.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
inane.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>9236975
>>
>>9236837
Infinite jescht by Hegel's revenge on mankind.
>>
File: fds.png (4KB, 48x218px) Image search: [Google]
fds.png
4KB, 48x218px
>>9238123
infinite jetzt
>>
>>9238154
infinite später
>>
>>9237780
Funny
>>
I had a dream last night that Zizek passed me by on the street somewhere near my house and I asked him if he was Zizek and he said yes and for some reason he followed me home and laid down on the floor and become unresponsive and wouldn't leave.
>>
i saw him a couple weeks ago at UCLA. if seating is limited get there at least 15 minutes early, lots of people got turned away and were banging on the door the whole lecture.
The lecture itself is pretty neat. He mostly just straight up reads while seated, with some anecdotes interspersed throughout where he looks up and gives the classic zizek delivery. I probably understood only half of what he said because it gets pretty complex, but he then ties it back together with an anecdote before moving on to his next point which is usually barely connected to his other points (he's all over the place). I wish I'd taken basic outline notes because it's pretty dense and when I stopped to think about a concept I'd miss another. Also just the sheer number of topics covered make them easy to forget.
People who ask questions are always fucking retarded, and he'll have to go off on some tangent to provide an interesting answer to the non-question.
>>
File: Friezek.png (536KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Friezek.png
536KB, 640x480px
>>9236837
You are in for, I should think, you know... and scho on...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.