[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you realise that Hegel was the philosopher for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3737.jpg (144KB, 647x656px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3737.jpg
144KB, 647x656px
At what age did you realise that Hegel was the philosopher for you?
>>
>>9236125
I always realized it, it merely had to be retroactively fulfilled by its conscious emergence
>>
>>9236125
how do you distinguish between hegel and jeckle?
>>
>>9236125
hey, op, you're that 18yo in love with a 25yo amirite? you're cute
>>
Not before I saw a YouTube video of zizek shilling him.
>>
Reading Hegel is a lot like anime. Something has to HAPPEN to you while you read it that transcends the merely geometric improvement of your training, and leads to a wholly new revelation of both understanding and power for you. You need to have the moment where you are broken and defeated beyond any hope of a comeback, and then you somehow tap into something deep inside yourself, and discover that you had the power to overcome all along, like JoJo mastering a new Hamon technique or Vegeta being able to beat up Frieza in at least his penultimate form.

Any purely linear reading of Hegel is no reading of Hegel at all. If you haven't been completely transformed by Hegel then you haven't properly apprehended the anime battle that lies underneath
>>
>>9236150
Is that a saying?
>>
When I came to /lit/ to ask which philosopher is for me and stumbled into this thread
Fate
>>
>>9236125
i'm 23 btw
>>
Is it really worth reading through the Phenomenology of Spirit in this day and age? Is it really? Can't you just get your necessary Hegel from secondary sources?
>>
>>9236385
jej
>>
>>9236389
Because the issue is which secondary source? They often have radically different viewpoints and interpretations dating all the way back to the Young-Right Hegelians. You'll never have an authentic viewpoint of Hegel yourself if you don't attempt your own close reading and evaluation.
>>
File: 1489067420164.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1489067420164.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>>9236157
>Reading Hegel is a lot like anime.
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>9236445
I bet you didn't
>>
>>9236157
>the anime battle that lies underneath

is this real life
>>
I'll get there eventually I guess. I only read things that make me think and ponder reality of things, that's why I sadly can't stand most of philosophy which isn't that.
>>
Dialectics are bullshit.
>>
>>9236502
Thats kind of the point of dialectics
>>
>>9236502
indeed >>9236304
>>
>>9236385
how is time travel going for you?
>>
>>9236157
shit like this is why /lit/ is my favourite board.
>>
>>9236468
real life is overrated
>>
>>9236593
have you seen that post by the guy who analyzed a garfield strip comic? shit is crazy
>>
>>9236916
he's also a STEM major
kek
>>
>>9236929
yeah but he got some part of his analysis from 4chan and most probably he watched the lasagna cat comeback video
>>
>>9236593
because other boards won't take you nicely
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.