[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it considered bad ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: atlas shrugged.jpg (27KB, 212x346px) Image search: [Google]
atlas shrugged.jpg
27KB, 212x346px
I am maybe a quarter of the way through, so far it is pretty good. To be fair though I am not much of a reader, I've just started. Can anyone explain why ayn rand gets so much shit?
>>
>>9235576
Start with the Greeks and work your way back up to her and you'll see why
>>
Is the only problem with her that her work isn't as good as the handful of great philosophers from centuries ago ? In that case are there any modern philosophers of note ?
>>
>>9235589
> In that case are there any modern philosophers of note ?

Start with the fucking Greeks retard
>>
>>9235620
So the answer to my question about is there any modern philosophers of note is..?
>>
>>9235632
Yes. Now go read real books
>>
File: rand.png (502KB, 878x657px) Image search: [Google]
rand.png
502KB, 878x657px
>>9235576
pic

>>9235632
Many. But you'd benefit more from going through the classics in the established canon than from any contemporary ('modern philosophy' is a much wider era than I assume you meant) philosopher if you aren't much of a reader.
>>
>>9235655
That whole image didn't explain why she was bad rather than saying

>She doesn't have a degree in philosophy and her work isn't scholarly

So granted her work isn't scholarly as it is a fucking novel, why then is the book hated so much ?
>>
>>9235668
You asked why she 'gets so much shit,' and not for substantive criticisms. Maybe if you tell us what you find agreeable about the philosophy she espouses throughout her works we can better help you.

All of this ignores the fact that she simply isn't a very good writer---quite bad, in fact---but most of the hate for Rand is in regards to her thinking and not her writing. Well, on here it might be the writing.
>>
Well I agree with rand that everyone should focus on the individual. I am also completely for capitalism in it's purest form, which I understand isn't well received on this board. So I would have to disagree that this board doesn't like her for her writing, I think the board doesn't like her ideology.
>>
>>9235576
is Stirner for mongoloids
>>
>>9235697
Stirner was a post modernist commie. Nothing like Rand
>>
>>9235688
I'm the guy who posted the image. I'm a conservative and I hate Rand's novels 'solely' from a literary perspective. Her philosophical contributions are pretty bad too. Not entirely because of the conclusions but because of her arguments and methodology, as the image points out. There are plenty of people here and in academia who dislike Rand but like, say, Nozick or Huemer or Hayek or Friedman.
>>
File: 1486445873323.jpg (36KB, 449x496px) Image search: [Google]
1486445873323.jpg
36KB, 449x496px
>>9235706
>Stirner was a post modernist commie
tell me how is being on the spectrum
>>
File: accept.jpg (156KB, 990x623px) Image search: [Google]
accept.jpg
156KB, 990x623px
Publishers tried guerrilla marketing with her, that's it.

She is nothing special, and certainly not a philosopher.
>>
>>9235655
>Rand
>conservative
Pick one.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.