[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever worked a job that you found gave you downtime to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 194746.jpg (24KB, 302x475px) Image search: [Google]
194746.jpg
24KB, 302x475px
Anyone ever worked a job that you found gave you downtime to read? I work a warehouse job right now, I work 50 hours a week and make a stupid amount of money for what I do and moving up the 'ranks'. But no downtime, just work work work. I used to work on an ambulance for 3 years and it was great. Somedays I had enough downtime I would go through a book a day easily waiting for calls. For certain reasons, I don't want to go back to the ambulance and I'm willing to look into any new job, hopefully nonsocial, that will give me an opportunity to read some in between moments of work. Long shot I know.

Current book...
>>
Technically I have a lot of free time in my job, but it's impossible to read anything because my stupid whore coworker WON'T STOP BABBLING in my ear all day long
>>
>>9235205
What job?
>>
I worked in a prison and had a lot of time unless something happened. I have considered going back even though I am studying to become a teacher. I think I will have more time and energy if I work in a prison rather than a school or university.
>>
>>9235220
being a teacher pays less than being a prison guard and you have about the same chance of being assault by a black guy
>>
>>9235256
There aren't many Americans here, so violence isn't a big problem in prisons and schools.
>>
>>9235268
>>9235256
btfo
>>
>>9235199
how's that book coming along, OP?
>>
I work at a mission/homeless feeding center, there's plenty of time but unless i'm reading the bible I don't feel comfortable bringing literature.

Wageslave life is shit/blog.
>>
>>9235510
so read some christian canon shit, augustine, dante, milton, etc.
>>
>>9235482
fucking amazing. wish I read him earlier. I did a thread a year or so ago when I relapsed and was drunk as fuck asking people to send me nihilistic authors and I was buying whatever they told me on the amazon used sections. a year past and I finally took it off the shelf. Unfortunately, I'm back in a depressive fuck the world and life phase, but still not drinking. And the character is spot on with how I'm feeling right now.
>>
I used to work as a night inventory clerk. when I got done with my task, I ended up cleaning the place while listening to Podcasts. I managed to read "Fatal Choice" in a sitting, half way of "T-34 in action" and part of "Mere Christianity".

Now I can barely read at my current job.
>>
>>9235268
>americans
>not negroes
you lost me
>>
i do 'domestic assistance' with aged/disabled people for 3 days a week and its enough to cover my rent/food/weed. it can be exhausting though.

i used to read books on my phone in the downtime when i worked 5 days.

>>9235597
have you read any other japanese authors? i recommend kobo abe, mishima and ryu murakami for other """nihilist""" stuff
>>
>>9236054
I think the only Japanese stuff I've read was battle royale. Thanks for the new authors, I'll check them out
>>
I have a lot of downtime occasionally in my office job. But it's an open-plan office so people are looking over my shoulder all day and the lights are very bright so it strains my eyes, plus the sound of gossip and keyboards etc makes me unable to focus. I read poems or short stories from time to time, but when I find out the author is / was younger than me I close the browser and go hyperventilate in the toilets.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.