[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your short stories!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Post your OC so we can all shit on each other. As usual, try to keep it 1000 words or less. I'll start!

"The Six Echoes" by O.P. Faggsworth
>He thought the last step would bring relief, but it was no different than the preceding thousand. He thought reaching the summit would justify his suffering, but he suffered still. He thought the ancient temple standing before him would carry warm respite from the numbing chill of the mountains.
>It did not.
>He entered the aged ruins with no sense of accomplishment. The task was not yet complete. He had not come here to conquer the icy peak. No, he had come to receive the gift of the Master.
>It was said that in a time before time, this was where the Master vanquished a great Demon, and was gifted life eternal by the gods, as well as the power to bestow that gift upon others.
>“Come, boy.” A voice whispered from the inner chamber. He entered the quiet shrine, and saw the Master. She was meditating on the floor. “Why are you here?”
>This was the moment he had spent years reaching. Proudly, he declared, “I seek the gift of the Master!”
>“Ah! You seek immortality, boy?” The face of the Master was old, but her voice was young. Her robes were tattered, brown cloths. Around her neck dangled a string of pearls, five of deep orange and in the center, one of pale blue.
>“Yes. I have journeyed long and far to receive your gift, Master.” The Master did not move, but let out a slight chuckle. Her smile was warm, but she had no teeth.
>>
>>9234985
>“Strange that a man so young should desire age beyond measure. I am quite old, you see. This body aches and the cold of winter brings indescribable pain to my bones. Yet I am immortal, so I can never die.”
>“Surely the one who gives eternal life may take it away!”
>“Alas, I have no such power. But tell me, why do you seek life eternal?”
>“That is simple! One lifetime is simply not long enough to accomplish all that I desire! Why, it took me nearly six months just to get to this temple! Other fools waste their lives on base impulses and indulgent vices, and before they know it, there is no life left to waste! So I ask you, great Master, what must I do to receive your gift?”
>“You need not do anything! I will give you what you seek if you only ask. But know this! Many like you have come here, seeking life eternal. But only five have received it!”
>“Why? Have you not declared the gift free to those who desire it?”
>“Of course. But when the time comes to take it, most have chosen to return home and live out their mortal lives instead.”
>“Then all but five men were cowards! I know the consequences of such a gift, and I am ready to bear them.”
>“Is that so?” The Master nodded humbly. “Then bear them you shall. Touch this pearl of blue around my neck, and the gift is yours.”
>Without hesitation, the man reached out and claimed his prize. At his touch, the blue pearl changed to a deep orange. The man fell unconscious. When he awoke, he felt a terrible ache in his gut. The cold mountain winter seeped into his bones. When he moved his tongue, he found that he had no teeth. When he touched his hands, he felt wrinkly, dry skin. He could feel a necklace of pearls weighing on his brittle neck. But worst of all, he could not see!”
>>
>>9234989
>“Master, what have you done?! My body aches and I cannot open my eyes!”
>The Master chuckled in a familiar voice. “I assure you, your eyes are quite open. Unfortunately, blindness is not uncommon in old age.”
>“Master, how do you speak in my voice?!” The man was frightened but he could hardly move in his aged state.
>“I have done no such thing, for this voice is now my own, as is this body.”
>“But you promised me immortality! Life beyond measure!”
>“And I have given it to you. As I promised, you will never die!”
>“But this aching body is too much to bear! How will I accomplish everything I dreamed?”
The Master reached down and took the necklace of six orange pearls, and placed it around the neck of his new, youthful body. “That is not my concern. You were a young man with all the time in the world, yet you spent that time in the pursuit of more time. You called others foolish for following their hearts and living their lives pleasurably. You called the men cowards who refused my gift. Now you have a life eternal, devoid of such pleasure. Is this not what you sought, brave traveler?”
>“But you yourself bemoaned the curses of immortality! Why do you inflict it upon others?”
>“Arrogant though you may be, I feel no pleasure in your suffering. You see, when I killed the Master long ago, he cursed me with life unending, lest six youthful souls declare me forgiven by willingly taking my place. Now that I have filled up each of the six blue pearls with six orange glows of youth, I may live out my days in this final body, and at last, die in peace!”
>“Then you are not the Master, but the Demon! Tell me, what happened to the other five whom you have cursed with such pain?”
>“They went back down the mountain, and they live to this day. This I promise is the truth.”
>“Please, Demon! I have made a mistake! I wish to be mortal again!”
>“Alas, I have no such power.” The Demon grabbed the ancient man before him, dragged him outside, and threw him down the mountainside. The sounds of muffled screams and shattering bones echoed for miles, heard by no one.
>>
There once was a man named Larry.
>>
>>9234996
Needs work.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.