[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is a likely chance that political philosophy ends with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hb_31.45_av1.jpg (122KB, 885x614px) Image search: [Google]
hb_31.45_av1.jpg
122KB, 885x614px
There is a likely chance that political philosophy ends with this post, because I think I just solved it.

1. A political ideology is a set of beliefs.

2. People who subscribe to an ideology, to a large extent, also hold those beliefs, and become part of a school of thought.

3. There is no objective truth as to which school of thought is the correct one.

4. When member of opposing schools of thought collide, they debate, but neither can present an irrefutable argument for their ideology.

5. A belief in a particular ideology implies one would want to see their ideology implemented.

6. When a particular ideology is implemented, there is resistance from those who disagree with it, which leads to compromise or rebellion.

7. The only way to avoid these problems is for members of the same school to unite and to implement their preferred system, and for everyone else to choose the particular nation which operates under the system they prefer.

8. There can be no unhappiness living under the ideas with which you agree.

>>
>>9233619
>People who subscribe to an ideology, to a large extent, also hold those beliefs, and become part of a school of thought.
No
>3. There is no objective truth as to which school of thought is the correct one.
No
>4. When member of opposing schools of thought collide, they debate, but neither can present an irrefutable argument for their ideology.
No
>5. A belief in a particular ideology implies one would want to see their ideology implemented.
Holy shit no
>>
>just, like, move out
Fuck, hadn't thought about that before.
Welp, OP solved politics.
>>
Point number 7 is where you miserably fell like an idiot
>>
File: plato.jpg (95KB, 836x638px) Image search: [Google]
plato.jpg
95KB, 836x638px
>>9233623

Can you please tell me why you would not want to see your political system in action?

>>9233627

You'd only consider that if you were feeble. Not even leftists (the most feeble of all) consider than an option. Why should we give our good land to those we disagree with, rather than take it from them?
>>
You entire line of reasoning implies that people invariably subscribe to some sort of ideology, which is factually untrue. Most people just want to have livelihood, security, and be left the fuck alone. These people are unappeasable under any ideologically driven government because inequality is inherent to human nature. Unhappiness thus cannot be for all and discontent will inevitably discredit literally any political system
>>
>Collision or compromise are problems
>A school is unified and never revised
>'People should just choose their preferred nation' is not an ideology
>Happiness is the only value
>>
>>9233641
>You entire line of reasoning implies that people invariably subscribe to some sort of ideology, which is factually untrue

They don't explicitly, but they must have some sort of preference with regards to, for example, whether drugs should be legal or illegal, whether freedom of speech protects hate speech, or whether taxes should be high for the rich.

>Most people just want to have livelihood, security, and be left the fuck alone.

Then why are there protests every single day about issues like immigration? Evidently these people don't care just about themselves.

>These people are unappeasable under any ideologically driven government

But they'd have nobody to blame if they were ruled under their ideal system and that system were to fail.

>discontent will inevitably discredit literally any political system

That's because all political systems in history have been a result of a compromise between opposing beliefs.
>>
>>9233640
>he reply to everyone except to the only obviously correct post
that's why you're a blindfolded pseud
>>
>>9233641
10/10 post

>>9233664
0/10 post
>>
>>9233671

I don't reply to anything below contradiction.
>>
>>9233684

Okay I guess you got me, back to the drawing board!
>>
>>9233688
You are an ass hat.
>>
>>9233688
And I don't waste time with such a fucking retard like you to teach you that you can't subvert nations and people as if the planet was a game board

>7. The only way to avoid these problems is for members of the same school to unite and to implement their preferred system, and for everyone else to choose the particular nation which operates under the system they prefer

So fucking stupid I even feel embarassed to reply

sage
>>
>>9233707

Okay let's look at this from another angle. Culture is probably the strongest force in societies (Marx), people will throw their principles out when tradition and custom is at stake. The USA is not going to dismantle over political beliefs -- Trump has apparently divided the country, but nothing will happen.

So you're right, I understand the chess piece fallacy, but don't all arguments for a particular system fall under this fallacy? Do you think you could get a nation to suddenly just follow Plato's Republic? Or get the supreme court to instantly rewrite our legislature to fit your ethical framework?
>>
Why can't we all live in the same place, but under different rules?

Like all those that voted democrat pay more taxes and get free healthcare, but republicans pay less but need health insurance.

Problem solved.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.