[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished reading this. What are some good books like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

I just finished reading this. What are some good books like it?
>>
>>9231569
Wasp Factory by Iain Banks
>>
>>9231569
Depends on what you thought of it. How did you interpret the book? I can give you different reccs based on what you took from it but we could have read it completely differently.
Dont read any of ellis's other stuff though. Its OK but this is all he really achieved
>>
>>9231569
Pretty much every other Ellis book is a (slightly worse) variation of the same thing so if you really liked AP the rest will probably be entertaining enough. Less Than Zero is the best one and can be read in a couple hours so try that at the very least.
>>
glamorama is his masterpiece, try that one
>>
>>9231569
Hmmmmmm does it have to be fiction?
I have lived in the monster by Robert K Ressler tells you the stories and the psychology of a bunch of guys like Jeffrey Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy, serial killers and psychopaths, very interesting stuff
>>
>>9231569

I recommend his other books but honestly the closest kind of writer you might find would probably be Chuck Palahniuk.

That suggestion might get some hate because there's also a movie associated to his book but its too popular to be considered a "cult classic" anymore even if that's exactly what it was.
>>
You can go onto Hubert Selby Jr now
>>
>>9232247
i remember reading that after ap. i was around 14 and rather confused. what was it really about? i wasn't interested enough to try to understand
>>
>>9231569
Dubs, by me.
>>
I made a horror general:

>>>9233795
>>
>>9232198
what this anon said
read it again (seriously) and see what you think of it then.
>>
the fountainhead
>>
Rand by Jan Kjærstad
>>
>>9234107
this, the characters are as vapid and empty as the ones in american psycho
>>
>>9233851
I saw. Please don't ever do that again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.