[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that uppercase is next to useless and should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1488962876180.jpg (633KB, 2053x3002px) Image search: [Google]
1488962876180.jpg
633KB, 2053x3002px
Can we all agree that uppercase is next to useless and should be abolished?
>>
>>9228089
yes.
>>
correct
>>
agreed.
>>
>>9228089
>claims to want to abolish uppercase
>conventionally starts sentence with uppercase
so are you a liar, or a coward?
>>
>>9228089
How is this related to literature? Anyway, the upper class invariably produces better art than the middle class.
>>
>>9228089
YOU WHAT?!
UPPERCASE IS PATRICIAN AS FUCK
>>
>>9228196
can u read
>>
>>9228206
It was clearly a typo, fag. Op is talking about classes.
>>
>>9228196
>>9228210
>clearly a typo
>would have had to accidentally excluded the word 'the', an 'l', and then placed an extra 'e' at the end
>such an obvious typo

wew
>>
It's nice for proper nouns that should probably be distinguished on sight (rather than via context).

And it's nice, in non-lit usage, for warnings and other things that call for your attention. It wouldn't really be the same in lowercase. However, I do admit that it might be moreso due to conditioning and that, if we abolished uppercase and waited a couple of generations, the attention aspect would maybe go away.
>>
>>9228196

Nice Marxian slip there boyo.

>>9228214

He clearly meant to say uppergrass, i.e. topsoil. With that I can agree. Humus is dearly offensive to any man of taste: bedrock is the civilized choice. As for uppercase and lowercase, I am strongly opposed to the abolishment of uppercase. In particular, I hate the contemporary disuse of capital letters to indicate line heads in poetry: without them, the poetry is feebly and monotonously murmured, not sung with a great spirit of rage, joy or grief. Indeed, that is the one major qualm I have with the Greek language: the script becomes too diminuitive when you use capital letters only to inidicate proper nouns. If I had my druthers, we would return to using monumental capitals for all more formal writing, for the majusucle forms are clearly the more venerable and the more majestic.
>>
>>9228226
Can't we use a symbol to indicate proper nouns, instead of needing an entire uppercase character set? We could use tildes, for example.

>i read =slaughter house five= last week.
>>
>>9228247
>tildes
>posts equal signs

You lowercasemen really can't do anything right, huh? Let those of substantial taste dictate the conventions of language.
>>
>>9228250
Oh shit, yeah, I was experimenting with different symbols and decided equals signs looked better but forgot to change the original sentence.
>>
>>9228089
>>9228103
>>9228129
>>9228151
>Writing is hard.
>So let's make it easier.

>>9228237
>Marxian
Abandon thread. Alt-right on a rampage.
>>
Go to bed, Rupi.
>>
>>9228226
why not just ctrl+f?
>>
>>9228237
is is marxist to realize that people form different classes and act according to what classs they belong to?
>>
Obviously the modern corruption of lowercase letters are what needs to be purged.
WE MUST RETURN TO THE TRUE ROMAN PRINT.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.