[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on him /lit/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: file_747568_StephenKing.jpg (19KB, 414x403px) Image search: [Google]
file_747568_StephenKing.jpg
19KB, 414x403px
redpill me on him /lit/
>>
>>9228039
he has FAS facial characteristics
>>
>>9228039
Maybe 5 if the books he wrote are decent. The rest are total horse shit and yet he considers himself the best horror author to ever live.
>>
Dark Tower series is pretty fucking great.

>>9228049
I love how FAS is the only fucking syndrome you faggots know so you diagnose anyone who looks ugly with it
>>
>>9228039
the true horror story is this motherfucker's midface
>>
>>9228094
Who's better?
>>
>>9228039

A lot of identical, terrible books with a couple of highlights. Very masturbatory
>>
>>9228039

His novels are bloated, his prose is a string of cliches, his characters are shallow cartoons, his plots always disappoint, and despite saying he's "the McDonalds of literature" he still acts shitty when critics and academia don't take him seriously.
>>
>>9228391

Even though I really like a few of his books, I agree with this.

His recent pissy fits over politics have really turned me on his old, mediocre ass.
>>
>>9228371
philtrum senpai
>>
His early works are very good, after the mid-80s he becomes a purely pop horror writer. Dark Tower is the only thing worth reading after that period.

He will be remembered as one of the better writers of his era and Different Seasons / The Shining may actually be studied in some literature classes after he dies.

"the McDonalds of literature" accurately describes his newer work, it's just absolute shit.

What else do you want to know?
>>
>>9228403
turned me off a lot of writers lately

and I'm not American and I'm not a Trump fan, I just hated the kneejerk reactions and masturbatory self-righteousness in the literature community
>>
>>9228039
ok. ok. wow. just... ok. never read his fucking books. He wrote 2,000 words per day with zero fucking thought. While James Joyce wrote 2 sentences per day, of the highest quality imaginable.
>>
>>9228403

yeah. when i was younger i really loved his books. he's a great writer, or at least had a very long period where he was a great writer.

but he's a complete cuck and i can't bear it.
>>
File: 1488549089233.png (3MB, 788x2544px) Image search: [Google]
1488549089233.png
3MB, 788x2544px
>>9228374
>>
>>9228449

He's about that age where he could just drop dead any time.

I think he should start drinking and drugging again. What's it going to hurt? Hopefully it'll bring his writing back up to snuff.
>>
Didn't he once describe his writing as the literary equivalent of junk food?
>>
>>9228479

Gee, I don't think he did. Where did you get that? That's such a fascinating phrase though, never seen anything quite like it. You should take credit for creating it.
>>
>>9228484
Calm down I was just asking.
>>
>>9228478

honestly the beginning of the end was when he stopped getting high.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.