[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHY CANT I WRITE GOOD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How Do I get good a grammar and syntax?

I feel like I have interesting thoughts and even intresting ways to express those thoughts, but I am embaressed by my own shity writing ability.

I am STEM so I dont really need to improve my writing beyond its current level. However, I know at some point I will have to present my writing to some one who actually knows how to use a conjunction.

Here is sample I just wrote for class.

http://pastebin.com/zukK9WsN

It reads to me exactly the same as the book reports I wrote in fith grade with more "grown up" words thrown in.

Give It to me straight /lit/.
>>
>>9227579
I bumped your post and now I am the fool.
>>
>>9227579
for every page you write, read 2 novels
>>
>>9227631
How will that improve my technical understanding of written English?
>>
Practice.

If you don't think you need to improve your writing beyond your current abilities, think again.
>>
>>9227660
You can't write if you don't read
>>
>>9227661
I know I dont. My professors never grade based on grammar. They mark my paper to hell and back, but they grade on content.
>>9227669
I read plenty of books. Mostly economics and business.
>>
>>9227675

So you're embarrassed by your shitty writing ability, but don't feel you need to improve? The conversation ends here then. Best of luck with your shitty writing.
>>
>>9227675
>I read plenty of books. Mostly economics and business.

If you want to write better then you're going to have to read better books.
>>
>>9227579

Anon, just keep practicing and studying. You may feel uneasy by statements by famous writer that implies they write and read since they were fucking fetuses, but dont worry. It's just smug propositions and you shouldn't feel diminished from it. Try It, get some friends to analyse It, study from gramatic and literatic theory, and understand your pacing. I write poems since only last year, and i noticed some improvements. Dont worry, anon!
>>
>>9227702
I admit that my writing is attrocious. I personally feel the need to improve.

What i meant is that I dont need to improve inorder to suceed in school or my future career.

So without being forced to improve by my situation I fear that I will hobble through life a literary cripple.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.