[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jane Austen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0433.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0433.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
Where's a good place to start with her?
>>
Never, read Mary Anne Evans instead
>>
Start with the Greeks and slowly work your way up to third base.
>>
In her grave, defiling her corpse.
>>
Price & Prejudice is honestly the best place to start.

I recommend reading all of her work, but my personal favourites, and what seem to be the critical consensus are Emma and Mansfield Park.
>>
Self-inflicted cranial damage via shin bone.
>>
>>9225401

Pride & Prejudice is the most optimistic and romantic of her novels. Elizabeth and Darcy have more chemistry between each other than any other romance in Austen novels, and the male love interests in her other novels are a lot less interesting than Darcy. At the same time, Austen is usually praised for other reasons than the actual romance elements.

Northanger Abbey is interesting because Austen makes direct addresses to the audience defending the value of novels as an art form.

Mansfield Park is interesting because Austen hated niggers.

Lady Susan is interesting because it's her most cynical work and the evil bitch character wins.

Sense and Sensibility is good, but not as good as Pride and Prejudice.

The Emma of Emma is an unlikable cunt.
>>
>>9225401
>School of Life

Hang thyself from thy nave
>>
>>9225401
Your gender studies class.
>>
>>9225401
I've been having to read gothic 'literature' for papers and it was a delight to read Northhanger Abbey afterwards.

I like Austen and her books a lot, she makes all her females cute without being dumb and annoying whimpering damsels.
>>
>>9225401
Pride & Prejudice or Sense & Sensibility are good starts. But you should get around to reading Northhanger Abbey or Mansfield Park after.
>>
>>9225401
>>9225419
>>9225560
>>9226817
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies
>>
>>9226844
I was working at a bookshop when this came out, I got in trouble from my manager because I actively discouraged customers from buying it. I felt it was a sort of duty to Jane's dignity, but looking back I was being pretty autistic.
>>
>>9226844

I'm taking a Jane Austen class and my professor said the zombie book was actually pretty funny for the first 30 pages, but then it just became the same joke over and over again.
>>
>>9226852
kek
>>9226879
as expected desu
>>
>>9225401
read jane eyre instead
>>
>>9225419
ok twain
>>
>>9225401
Anywhere, there's no learning curve. I don't say that dismissively. I like her.
>>
>go into thread intent on making Twain banter
>half the the thread is Twain

OK
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.