[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read about these aspects of Nietzsche's philosophy:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: NietzscheGun.jpg (25KB, 524x400px) Image search: [Google]
NietzscheGun.jpg
25KB, 524x400px
I want to read about these aspects of Nietzsche's philosophy:

>Religion
>Tradition
>Culture
>Alcohol
>Becoming the Ubermensch

Basically the practical stuff, real ideas. I don't really care about anything else that isn't going to affect my daily life (metaphyisics, ontology).

What do I read?
>>
>>9224816
>What do I read?

The abundant Nietzsche threads already in the catalog
>>
That's 95% of what he wrote about anyways

Read the Untimely Meditations
>>
>>9224857

Nietzsche solved philosophy. Talking about anything else is a waste of time.
>>
>>9224816
>Basically the practical stuff, real ideas. I don't really care about anything else that isn't going to affect my daily life (metaphyisics, ontology).

You don't deserve to read philosophy.
>>
>>9224816
>Practical stuff
>Becoming the ubermensch
>>
>>9224816
> he thinks his metaphysics and ontology has nothing to do with his daily life
Holy....
>>
>>9225076
I want less?
>>
>>9225076

Get real. Whether you believe knowledge comes from reason or sense, your ideas on reality, your thoughts on the possibility that we're in a simulation etc. play a tiny role in how you live, unless you're autistic.
>>
>>9225117
>Whether you believe knowledge comes from reason or sense, your ideas on reality, your thoughts on the possibility that we're in a simulation etc. play a tiny role in how you live, unless you're autistic
do you even know what metaphysics and ontology is?
>>
>>9224816
>Religion
>Tradition
>Culture

One should retain the best values these narratives have to offer without becoming a slave of those narratives themselves. One should be ethical not because of religion or culture, but to get closer to the greek ideal of virtue.
The values attached to these narratives that are percieved as worthless should be overcome, and the values that you choose to retain should be costantly be examined and debated.

>Alcohol
Nietzsche never wrote anything of relevamce about drugs. That said in Ecce Homo he says that he used to drink in his early 20s, and that drinking heightened his sensibility, bringing him often on the verge of tears. After that period he went straight-edge for the rest of his life.
He occasionally used opium to treat his debilitating headaches, but he has not left any account of that in his major works (although I'm sure you can find something about it in his letters).

>becoming the ubermensch
An ubermensch is a man who lives in perfect accord to nature. You get to that point by costantly overcoming your past self, and by owning every aspect of your natural life (from physiology to psychology). In that pursuit you should never entertain yourself with life-denying tendencies and narratives, such as self-imposed chastity or empty moral systems (such as the german bourgeoise morality of the mid 19th century).
This does not mean that you should live a unethical and immoral/amoral life, it just means that you have to impose those values by yourself, since all the other common foundations (religion, tradition, culture) are both life-denying and doomed to fail.
>>
>>9225141

I said every day life now stop quoting me.

>>9225143

Hi thanks for the response. You've given me summaries, which of his books cover the things you've just explained to me? Which one to start with. Thanks again.
>>
>>9225172
>which of his books cover the things you've just explained to me?
Nietzsche's magnum opus is clearly Thus Spoke Zarathustra, but it is easy to misinterpret it if you don't know where he's coming from.
Start with the Birth of Tragedy, Untimely Meditations and (especially) The Geneaology of Morality.
I'd love to recommend you some secondary literature, but so far I've only read Italian essayists, and I don't know if they have already been translated. The best Nietzscheian thinker in Italy is Gianni Vattimo (wich is, also, a good Heideggerian, who was a great Nietzscheian himself).
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.