[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars Novels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0080.jpg (221KB, 625x1030px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0080.jpg
221KB, 625x1030px
I'm about a quarter of the way threw with Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover and really blown away with how detailed, descriptive and complex he makes the writing in such a novel.

You actually see inside the head of Anakin Skywalker which I never expected. Stover also brings the feelings and thoughts of Obi-Wan to life which is great. He throws you INTO the space battles as though you were there which was a completely different and cool approach I didn't expect Stover to take. I understand now why so many readers liked Revenge of the Sith. Even non-sci-fi readers. Mainly because of the complexity and quality of the writing itself. I'm really enjoying it!

What does /lit/ as a whole think of all the Star Wars novels and book adaptions out there? Are there any others that are worth a read?
>>
>>9223935
lol, you too iliterate to read one?
>>
>>9223896
>threw

>vomiting.gif
>>
>>9225081

Wow go fuck yourself
>>
I'm reading Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina and it's pretty good desu
>>
>>9225617

Is that novel apart of a series?
>>
>>9223896
This honestly was not a bad book. It's genre for sure, but it was better than it had any reason to be.
>>
>>9223896
i read Shadows of the Empire back in the day, I remember loving it but I was also 12

plus the N64 was fucking dope too
>>
>>9225651
AMEN to that anon.
>>
I've heard the Darth Bane trilogy's good, and it's one of the ones I never got around to, so it's on my list.

Thrawn trilogy is an obvious necessity, even if it's no longer canon.

>>9225660
I played the PC version. Damn that was a good time to be alive.
>>
>>9226985
Yeah, I've heard a lot about the Thrawn trilogy. Heard a lot of fans enjoyed those books. Why aren't they considered canon anymore anon?
>>
>>9227656
Read about Luuke. Luuke. Al SW novels are steaming piles of shit.
>>
I loved most of the shitty star wars EU, reading tales of the Jedi before playing Kotor males for ultimate comfy experience
>>
>>9226985
Bane and Plagueis are must reads for any star wars fan.
>>
>>9227846
which novels are Bane and Plagusus in anon?
>>
>>9223896
How long is this book? Im getting slightly interested. I think (assuming it was you) I was in the last thread you made about this book, and even then I mentioned the prequels problems stemming from things other than the concepts and themes. I would imagine they would work better in the hands of X writer doing a novel instead of the condensed movie format
>>
>>9229390

I just checked and its over 450 pages in length at least. Its a pretty lengthy novel.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.