[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6982.jpg (145KB, 1000x1488px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6982.jpg
145KB, 1000x1488px
Anyone read it?
>>
I never finished it. Its pretty much entirely incomprehensible. Literally the David Lynch of books.
>>
Its just a shit allegory, thats all there is to it

A tragic failure
>>
>>9220617
>David Lynch
>Its pretty much entirely incomprehensible
So this is the power of a brainlet
>>
File: IMG_6389.jpg (31KB, 236x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6389.jpg
31KB, 236x241px
>>9220621
A tragic failure about a tragic failure.
>>
>>9220621
Depends on what you think the intention was
>>
>>9220631
I suppose i should have said its the Inland Empire of books.
>>
>>9220621
>>9220638
I think Joyce achieved exactly what he wanted
The title alone baffles me
>Finnegans: implies possessive but is literally multiple Finnegans
>Wake: death vigil/awakening
>Finnegans
>fin agains
>end again
>>
*deletes language*
>>
>>9220698
holy crap
>>
>>9220638
reminds me of the coroner from grim fandango
>>
>>9220668
fabulous film, don't talk shit, refer to >>9220631
>>
>>9220698
So what exactly is that supposed to mean
>>
>>9220608
It's actually amazing if you read it with an objective mind, enjoy the language play, read it for the prose, and appreciate the effort he put into every single sentence.

Many people here trash Joyce in general, but it is simply because his work is too deep for them. It sounds cliche and high schoolish to say that but it's actually true in the case of Joyce.
>>
>>9220883
The story is a cyclical story about an event that get told and retold and dreamed about
There are many characters (and even phrases) that represent the same character or idea
Recirculation (sleeping/waking death/life) is pretty much the overarching theme
>>
>>9220608
read is a strong word. i'd use something like "stumble through". also, no, i haven't stumbled through it.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 710x508px
>>9220698
>finnegans wake
>the awakening of the finnegans
>tfw joyce was warning us of the irish clone army ready to be unleashed upon the world
>>
>>9220924

>Many people here trash Joyce in general, but it is simply because his work is too deep for them. It sounds cliche and high schoolish to say that but it's actually true in the case of Joyce.

This.
>>
>>9220853
Grim Fandango owns so hard. I haven't played it years; I might download it right now.

Do you have to run it in dosbox, or has the game been to work
>>
In like fucking middle school lol.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.