[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Official Calvinist Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1388x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1388x1600px
Are there any other Calvinists on /lit/? What are your favorite Calvinist texts? To anyone interested in Calvinism, feel free to ask questions about it.
>>
>the even more autistic protestantism
No, thanks.
>>
>>9217934
Just rented a book out on Calvin.
Haven't started it but really Calvinism is just a Protestant faith but with predestination? Seems in line with my actual beliefs.
Can you tell me if they have to do autistic rituals too?
>>
>>9217934
>Questions
Ok.
What are the main characteristics of Calvinism?
>>
>>9218254
https://www.calvinistcorner.com/tulip.htm
The five points of Calvinism
>>
>>9218302
Ok man. Thanks.
I just read it, sounds good. I specially liked the first point.
>>
I have a presentation on Calvinism for sociology class next week so you can point me towards something interesting to focus on, I guess
>>
File: Thomas_Muentzer.jpg (52KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas_Muentzer.jpg
52KB, 300x429px
>>9217934
The Kingdom of God ain't free. It's gotta be watered with the blood of the feudal aristocracy. Müntzer, not Luther and Calvin, ok. Fear God, not Man. Omnia sunt communia
>>
>>9218916
That's the only history book I ever enjoyed. Thomas Münzer was a pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>9217934
J'ai vu le Mur des Réformateurs quand j'ai visité mon grand-mère en Genève, but otherwise I don't really know anything about him
>>
File: 1463793806792.png (257KB, 415x476px) Image search: [Google]
1463793806792.png
257KB, 415x476px
>protestantism
>>
File: catholicks.jpg (331KB, 1826x492px) Image search: [Google]
catholicks.jpg
331KB, 1826x492px
>>9219594
>being catholic
>>
>>9218240

Not really. Unlike some of the other reformers, Calvin believed in a kind of real presence in the eucharist but only in the sense that the spirit was present, not that it was the real body and blood. Only real "sacraments" in the Reformed church are baptism and communion. Neither are generally considered necessary in salvation.
>>
invisible cities is my favourite but i really like mr palomar and marcovaldo as well
if on a winter's night... seems overrated to me
>>
>>9219631

Mild jej
>>
>>9219594
Not the most appropriate photo. Zizek said (rightly) that Calvinism is Christianity at its purest.
>>
>>9220231
He didn't mean that as a compliment however
>>
File: v-for-van-til.jpg (18KB, 399x371px) Image search: [Google]
v-for-van-til.jpg
18KB, 399x371px
I knew I couldn't be the only one here! I've been reading:
- By What Standard (Rushdoony, take it with a grain of salt of course)
-The Shadow of Christ in the Law of Moses (Poythress)
-Summary of Christian doctrine (Berkof)
Any recs, Calvinist or otherwise?
>>
>>9218240
IMO, Calvinism is more about authority than anything else. God controls and is the source of everything from knowledge, creation, salvation etc.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.