[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite book on architecture? I think Rasmussen's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Haus.jpg (136KB, 750x550px) Image search: [Google]
Haus.jpg
136KB, 750x550px
What's your favorite book on architecture? I think Rasmussen's Experiencing Architecture is a must for those interested in or just getting into the topic.
>>
>>9216041
>architecture
>dude pretty houses lmao
>>
>>9216053
/thread
>>
>>9216053
full pleb. architecture is the most erotic art form. 2/10 made me reply.
>>
Of any artform, architecture has the most direct effect on your life. Buildings are tools conceived to accomplish a specific purpose, and like tools their design influences how we use them. To study architecture is to study how man exerts himself over nature and how his creation becomes the nature that will again exert its control over man. Architecture is the observation of our willful imprisonment.

Pic related was designed by Wittgenstein in case anyone was curious.
>>
much of Ballard's work features architecture prominently. High-Rise and Vermilion Sands are favorites.

i'm also interested in some non-fiction architectural works.
>>
>>9216277
The effect it has can't be overstated. The building you are in affects your behavior. Could you work every day in a cramped, asymmetrical, and poorly lit room?
>>
>>9216277
>Pic related was designed by Wittgenstein in case anyone was curious.
He oversaw the construction too. I want to say it was torn down after the nazi's used it as some sort of base?
This could all be terribly wrong, my memory is terrible.
>>
>>9216295
Never read him, will definitely check it out. If you are looking for something introductory I highly recomend the book I mentioned in the op as well as Architecture: Form, Space and Order. It would also serve you well to pick up a book on the history of architecture like Architecture, From Prehistory to Post-Modernism. I hope this helps.

>>9216297
Very true anon, seems businesses are taking notice of this and extending the logic to say "can the design of our buidlings improve productivity?", look up the work amazon is doing in Seattle for an example.

>>9216330
Partially correct, it was a barracks for Russian soldier's and was going to be demolished but was saved after being deemed a landmark. It is currently used as a part of the Bulgarian embassy (don't know why, I am sure there is some complicated story here).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.