[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me GOOD religious fiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: angel1.jpg (113KB, 344x325px) Image search: [Google]
angel1.jpg
113KB, 344x325px
I am writing a novel that deals with the Christian faith. It's not going to be a book that would be sold in Christian stores, it has many elements of satire.

I'd like to read other good works that deal specifically with the Christian faith, for inspiration,

Just to put it out there

I've already read the Divine Comedy
Paradise Lost
The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain (best of the three, in my opinion
>>
>>9212613
The End of an Affair by Graham Greene
The Master of Hestviken by Sigrid Undset
Barrabas by Per Lagervist
The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene
Silence by Shuskau Endo
Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
laurus by eugene vodolazkin
Master and Margarita by Bulgakov
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
Les Miserables by Hugo

I personally am not a fan of Flannery OConnor, but others here love him. Disregard Wolfe posters. Consider Hillaire Belloc
>>
>>9212613
>religious fiction
Biggest tautology I've ever read
>>
>>9212689
And a hearty dip o the ol fedora to you too
>>
>>9212684
>him
Watch your pronouns there family
>>
>>9212708
fahk
>>
Read the Russians
>>
>catholic as a child
>read lots of philosophy and religious works
>reject catholicism because i dont believe in transubstantiation, papal infallibility, or the ability of a corrupt clergy to interceded in sin
>dismiss salvation by faith and grace out of hand, letter of st james makes obvious the need for works of charity and righteousness
>try ecumenical unitarian christian church, enjoy that I can believe what I want, but feel that it does not offer me a road to redemption or a way to wash the stain of sin from my soul

Probably gonna join salvation army next. I am having a crisis of faith.
>>
>>9212613
muh Tolstoy
muh 'Yevsky
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.