[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how accurate is this, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: topkeklit.png (486KB, 484x683px) Image search: [Google]
topkeklit.png
486KB, 484x683px
how accurate is this, /lit/?
>>
go back to twitter
>>
>>9210538
/thread
>>
>>9210535
it's entirely and utterly true
>>
>>9210535
last panel should say Not reading but saying you did.
>>
>>9210535
Needs a final transcendent panel
>reading William H. Gass to unravel the secrets of eternity
>>
>>9210535
The last panel should be "writing great literature without having ever read a book"
>>
>>9212293
It should say:
>Not reading books but still buying huge amounts of books to put in your giant private library which you never read but still discuss about with others even if you don't know what it is about.
>>
>>9212536

reading more = better writing skill = a big meme.

watching more basketball = better at basketball

ur opinion is stupid
>>
>>9212293
Came here to post this
>>
File: 1488359014014.jpg (685KB, 616x3632px) Image search: [Google]
1488359014014.jpg
685KB, 616x3632px
>>
>>9210670
this
>>
In a way I kind of admire people who don't read at all and give no fucks at all. But, at the same time, these people rarely know a whole lot about anything.

I guess there are two situations where it can work:

1. If you're an artisan or tradesman and you have decades of knowledge about a craft and no desire to know anything other than how to perfect your craft.

2. If you're a patristic Christian who believes in nous and the supremacy of noetic knowledge.
>>
Now that you can get so many major books for free, it's very important to think about why you want to read what you want to read. Reading a book now means not reading millions of other books.
>>
>>9212562
Kek. I know a guy like that. His name is Todd.
>>
>>9212764
Any creative writing teacher will tell you that reading, copying and translating other books is a great way to boost your reading skills, as long as you do it deliberately (if you don't you will still imrpove your vocabulary).

I can't think of any great writer in the Western canon who was ignorant when it came to literature.
>>
>>9212764
Watching basketball would make you better at basketball though you retard

You'd be able to pick up technique and form that you may otherwise not understand or even know. Same goes for writing.

Just don't post again lad, you're really stupid.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.