[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How strong can a mood be in text form

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Musik von Harmonia.png (235KB, 500x775px) Image search: [Google]
Musik von Harmonia.png
235KB, 500x775px
Would it be possible to generate a mood, using the descriptive writing in the novel, that is so atmospheric and individual that it can rival the mood generated by music?

How much of an experience someone has had looking at a view can be transferred into a novel?
>>
>>9209884
Nope. Literature works on the cognitive level, which is a more sophisticated but less immediate cerebral function than emotion.

Not denying that literature can induce rapture, but music will get you there quicker. It's direct emotional stimulation.

Also, if you like Harmonia, check out Cluster.
>>
>>9209884
>Yes
>Impossible to answer
>>
>>9210041
>Would it be possible to generate a mood,

Even if you attempt to generate your mood, people will not always feel the same way.

>using the descriptive writing in the novel, that is so atmospheric and individual that it can rival the mood generated by music?

Certainly. It's just that compared to Music, it is a direct connection to a sensory node (your ears). Writing requires more processing to fully enjoy as easily as a movie or music. You have to cook your own food whereas something that appeals simply to once auditory senses is equivalent to driving-thru and ordering what you want.
>>
>>9209884
I dunno but I got pretty fucking depressed reading journey to the end of night haha
>>
>what is the musicality of poetrhy
>what are songs lyrics
philisthines, all of you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.