[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If one would like to write Shakespeare-style tragedies today,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: lsgv5pLSgmE.jpg (37KB, 403x604px) Image search: [Google]
lsgv5pLSgmE.jpg
37KB, 403x604px
If one would like to write Shakespeare-style tragedies today, contemporary Shakespeare-style (or Elizabethan-style) tragedies, what plots one could steal?

pic is clic-bait

Anyone with some familiarity with Shakespeare knows he often took plots from other sources and modeled them to his own purposes. Well, so let us suppose that one would like to to the same thing today, what:

Movies, books, comics, cartoons, Korean-cinema, Bollywood-cinema, etc.

Are good material for tragedy-adaptation?

I am not talking of modern-day re-telling’s of the Shakespeare’s tragedies. I am talking of brand new material that could be reworked with a more poetic and intense language and set on stage

pic is click-bait: you guys deserve it
>>
What makes you think you could write in Shakespearean style when it's already obvious from your post you're not a native speaker?
Not a put-down, but people thinking this shit is easy always ends in embarrassment.
>>
>>9208718
dont be a fag
anything can be made poetic if you do it right
>>
Just watch Scarface and Carlito's Way, the two greatest tragedies of the 20th century.
>>
>>9208784
>Just watch Scarface

This one I have already selected as a great example.

Thanks for the Carlito's Way
>>
>>9208791
It's a spiritual sequel to Scarface and imo even more poignant
>>
>>9208718

All the King's Men

Breaking Bad

House of Cards (I like the brit version more)
>>
>>9208718

for those who liked the picture in the OP:

http://en.alisaverner.com/
>>
>>9208988
wtf i love literature now?
>>
>>9208979
house of card is literally shakespeare

like the original british novels were explicitly based on a hybrid of richardiii and macbeth

so you want to write a shakespearan adaption fo shitty shakespeare ripoff/fanfic

grats you're retarded
>>
>>9208718

Things fall Apart
>>
>>9208718

bump
>>
>>9208718

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/the-tragic-televison-show
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>9208791
>>9208784
They're remaking "scarface" with that anemic looking kid from Y Tu Mamá También
>>
>>9208718
>tattoo
thanks for ruining it
>>
>>9208718
Elliot Rodger's life
the unabomber's life
>>
do Othello but instead of a black guy he's a syrian immigrant
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.