[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Motivation for writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

How do you motivate yourself to write? I'm sure we've all been stuck with great ideas and absolutely no will power to pen them down.

Any techniques, routines, mantras, excersises and the like that you use?
>>
I see it more as a long game where. It comes to writing

So jot down every idea and archive it

See yourself improve and laugh at your old self

Finally a little bit of something here and there makes something good. A good quote I can't rememeber who I got from
>>
>>9207178
Just write one true sentence dawg.
>>
>>9207196
> a you in the future is probably laughing at you right now
>>
I just write cause keeping the ideas pent up makes me a literal madman and depressed and when i write something i am proud of i feel a sense of accomplishment. Like i added a bit more color and beauty to this godforsaken world.
>>
>>9207178
>How do you motivate yourself to write?
The feeling that I might be doing something worthwhile instead of just wasting my life completely.
>>
What font and size should you use to write? Say for example you are writing a novel.
>>
>>9208908
times new roman is the standard
I like Century Schoolbook
font doesn't usually go below 11 or above 14
>>
File: 1457515320075.png (58KB, 1000x300px) Image search: [Google]
1457515320075.png
58KB, 1000x300px
>>9208924
here's an example of both
>>
>>9208908
>doesnt do hand writing
>>
I mentally beat the living shit out of myself, to the point where I'm often crying, until I get back to the keyboard and write.
>>
i shut down my router
>>
>>9208908
I use Helvetica, size 12. Just seems like a softer, friendlier font than Times New Roman.

Though admittedly I did once write a story in Comic Sans when I was eight or nine. Don't do that.
>>
You need not start a novel on page one every time you pick up a pen. Its intimidating, and thusly you shrink from the task. So think of scenes,situations,thoughts and ideas with no relation to each other,and write those down. Anything that comes out of your head and onto paper is a win. Everything need not be useful at the moment you pen it,and it need not be in its final form either. Its getting stuff on paper that's important.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.