[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I need a lot of background information to read this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0819.jpg (50KB, 326x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0819.jpg
50KB, 326x499px
Do I need a lot of background information to read this?
>>
>>9205844
stab yourself in the eyes
>>
>>9205853
Thanks, that helped.
>>
>>9205844
As long as you know the most basic points of transcendentalism, you're fine
>>
>>9205844
This is essential comfycore. I wish I had the gall to just pack up and leave civilization behind to live innawoods
>>
it's important to know a bit about nature
>>
It's fairly light reading. The language is a bit dense and archaic in some places. If you really want to prep for this book, just read the Gita.
Mostly this book is self explanatory.
>>
>>9205844
>>
Does anyone else find that this book really humorous? A lot of Thoreau's little remarks really stung me with it.

I also loved how many times he would just go on rants. Felt like having a conversation with someone.
>>
>>9207680

That's why it's so comfy. You can picture him sitting across from you smoking his pipe while you read it.
>>
>>9205844
Nah, just chill out an enjoy OP. This book is comfy .
>>
>>9206062
Is there a comfycore list?

I always found The Hobbit really comfy.
>>
>>9208563
Im interested in a comfycore list also. Loved walden.
>>
>>9208682
>>9208563
Around the World in 80 Days is pretty comfy.

Both the Verne and Palin books.
>>
>>9208563
I found Tortilla Flat to be very comfy.
>>
>>9205844
It'd probably be good to know a little about Ralph Waldo Emerson and the Transcendental movement, but you shouldn't need to go farther than Wikipedia.
>>
>>9208563
Would appreciate a comfy-core book list too. Would argue that Yukio Mishima's The Sound of the Waves deserves a spot on there. Some John Steinback or Watership Down too.
>>
>>9209318
Boswell's Life of Johnson.. get-out-of-town comfy. Comfy comfy comfy.
>>
>>9209403
Speaking of Watership Down, there's also The Wind in the Willows.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.