[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the human condition?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

Is the purpose of existence to expand our capacity for our human-specific capabilities (i.e. language, usage of tools, complex social institutions), or is it to expand our connection with nature (i.e. primal instincts, blurring the distinctions among all forms of life)?

And is the only worthwhile literature the kind that pits a struggle between those two poles?
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.jpg (77KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.jpg
77KB, 800x800px
>JUST
>>
File: Spinoza.jpg (406KB, 1377x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Spinoza.jpg
406KB, 1377x1600px
Why are human specific capabilities and connection to nature seen as binary opposites and mutually exclusive?

Why are you asking a weeb image posting site?
>>
>>9203742
>Is the purpose of existence
How much spook could a spook spook spook if a spooked spook spooked spooked spook?
>>
You'll never find an answer you like if you ask stupid questions
>>
where did you pull such a stupid dichotomy from?
>>
File: me on pic.jpg (101KB, 684x793px) Image search: [Google]
me on pic.jpg
101KB, 684x793px
Why would you want to undo? We are still part of nature. Expanding our connection with nature includes expanding our capacity for our human-specific capabilities as well as being in touch with our apeness. The more unnatural thing, in the sense that it goes against most people's instinct, would be this exact blurring of the lines you are proposing, to turn chimping out into a maxim when you and I know what damage it will cause, not to an unnatural structure, but to this exact instinct inside of us (most of us). You would be undoing what our gradually civilizing ancestors have agreed to again and again and what has been ingrained into most people alive on this planet. Perhaps not to you or perhaps not to the same degree as to me or someone else, perhaps to us more than to the stirnerposters and so on. All is fair because we are still all part of evolution. Do what feels right in this regard. And if something strikes you as wrong, don't do it or try to change it. But of course you are already doing this, and so am I. No one escapes nature. You could do it more effectively however. I am appealing here, of course, to naturally given reason which I hope you possess at least to the same degree as me because reason is a great tool for avoiding chaos and pain and who would prefer those things to harmony except for crazy fuckers? Maybe you are a crazy fuck. Do what feels right. Society to you is decadent, degenerate, neurotic? Better kill it with fire. I for one will not participate, I think we are doing well but I respect your decision, pugposter senpai.
>>
>>9203742

Life seems to have no purpose.
The weird thing is, I don't feel like this necessarily disproves god. God could totally exist. The universe could be affected by memes in a chaos magic sense... And still life could be finite and ultimately meaningless.
>>
>>9204644
Does this bother you?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.