[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never love anything as much as he loves tennis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: dfw-sized.jpg (13KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
dfw-sized.jpg
13KB, 250x247px
>you will never love anything as much as he loves tennis
>>
File: 911.png (128KB, 352x335px) Image search: [Google]
911.png
128KB, 352x335px
He didn't even love tennis that much, he was just kind of good at it as a youth and you take IJ as "tennis book" + DFW having played tennis IRL and conclude your dumbass conclusion
>>
>>9201026
I'm reading his essays on tennis you birdbrain
>>
I'm afraid I'll never love anything at all
>>
>implying he's presently capable of love
>>
>>9201252
I forgot to use past tense
Lock me up and throw away the key
>>
File: HermanMelville_NewBioImage.jpg (11KB, 286x289px) Image search: [Google]
HermanMelville_NewBioImage.jpg
11KB, 286x289px
>>9200983
>you will never love anyone like he loves Nathaniel Hawthorne.
>>
>>9200983
lol what was the highest he ever played?

like III division college? yeah what a champion of the game
>>
>>9201266
I never understood his respect and admiration for Hawthorne. I read The Scarlet Letter and found the prose to be excessive and superfluous, nothing even close to the genius of Melville.
>>
>>9200983
He was a really smart male model.
That's why Will Ferrell had to kill him.
>>
>>9201305
Read Hawthorne's Tales.
>>
>>9201268
He said he loved it. What the fuck are you on about
>>
>>9201305
I dunno. I havent read him yet, but apparently he's the brother in law of one of my great great uncles.
>>
>>9201247
Snap out of it kid.
>>
>>9201305
Hawthorne was probably convenient to have as a correspondent, just for the publicity friction. not that he praised moby dick publicly to the extent he truly felt.
>>
>>9201260

It's all good. I was just softly trolling those that have a hardon for dfw
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.