[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Children's books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: 1.jpg (45KB, 650x449px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
45KB, 650x449px
My 2 years old niece loves pic rel, but Wind in Willow is too difficult. What should i buy her?
>>
>>9197317
ur niece is a fucking pleb
Start with the greeks
>>
Arnold Lobel
>>
>>9197396
Owl at Home by the late Arnold Lobel recounts the adventures of Owl in five gentle chapters. In the first, he invites Winter in to get warm by the fire, only to find out just how rude Winter can be. The second chapter concerns "strange bumps" at the foot of Owl's bed that disappear mysteriously when he looks under the covers. In the third chapter, Owl concocts tearwater tea by thinking of sad things and collecting the tears in a kettle, while in the fourth, he tries to be upstairs and downstairs at the same time. In the final chapter, Owl must discourage the moon from following him home, as sad as it is to part from a friend.
>>
>>9197317
where do I start with children's books?
>>
File: IMG_2372.jpg (29KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2372.jpg
29KB, 183x276px
GOODNIGHT MOON

OH THE PLACES YOULL GO

FERDINAND THE BULL

THE POLAR EXPRESS
>>
>>9197399
>>9197450
how is image:text ratio?
>>
File: oh the places.jpg (59KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
oh the places.jpg
59KB, 600x444px
>>9197456
nayrt but here's a sample from oh the places you'll go. good night moon i also comfy and similar in text to image ratio. i've read both to kids while babysitting and it's usually a positive response.

i recommend you check out some parenting forums as they have a much better sense of titles to recommend per reading level.
>>
>>9197456
Short paragraph of text on one page, large illustration on the other. They're recommended books for learning to read.
>>
>>9197863
>kid is 2
>learning to read

ishiggy
>>
>>9197869
Just read it to her, are you retarded?
>>
Can't really help you with this OP. However, when your niece gets a little older, like 4 perhaps, read her Smith of Wooton Major and Farmer Giles of Ham. I've heard Roverrandum is a great child's book too, but I've never read it.
>>
File: best.jpg (258KB, 771x769px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
258KB, 771x769px
My 6 year old daughter loved these best

For a two year old, madeleine, babar, Beatrix Potter, stuff like that
>>
>>9197908
Great Illustrated Classics was my shit when I was a lil boy
>>
>>9197317
The Owl and the Pussy Cat
>>
>>9197928
I read most of them, and have bought about 15-20 for my children. The quality varies a great deal as I reread them.
>>
File: 3066810282_7a6ca1d8e2.jpg (66KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
3066810282_7a6ca1d8e2.jpg
66KB, 500x266px
>>9197317
winnie the fucking pooh of course
>>
>>9197317
aesops fabels. Get her to start with the greeks.
>>
File: destination-void.jpg (74KB, 400x657px) Image search: [Google]
destination-void.jpg
74KB, 400x657px
this one is pretty basic.
>>
File: fuckthepolice_frog_and_toad.png (383KB, 500x573px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthepolice_frog_and_toad.png
383KB, 500x573px
there's always these guys.
>>
>>9199972
We already covered Lobel, faggot.
>>
File: LoveYouForever.png (449KB, 476x475px) Image search: [Google]
LoveYouForever.png
449KB, 476x475px
that one with the little kid in the bathroom.

damn that shit is deep as hell

LOVE YOU FOREVER
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.