[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where to buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: dfbvgsdfagvdfvaf.jpg (519KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
dfbvgsdfagvdfvaf.jpg
519KB, 1600x1067px
what are some good sites to buy lit?
>>
File: 1486594833104.jpg (78KB, 832x690px) Image search: [Google]
1486594833104.jpg
78KB, 832x690px
>>9195235

Amazon
>>
File: m1a1baghdad.jpg (88KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
m1a1baghdad.jpg
88KB, 400x300px
>>9195256
Nice bait
>>9195235
Go to abebooks.
>>
>>9195256
Thanks anon. Would you say amazon is the best of the best to buy lit?
>>
Thriftbooks
>>
>>9195269
>abebooks
Cool, I'm going to check that one
>>
>>9195285
>S
Saving that one as well
>>
>>9195269
how used are their books when they say x amount of used books available?
Do you know by any chance?
>>
>>9195269

Nothing wrong with Amazon, besides the prevalence of Penguin
>>
>>9195235
lulu
>>
>>9195269
Came here to say this, went to Abebooks once and I've never gone back. On the rare occasion they fail, Alibris is a good backup
>>
>>9195302
Dunno about when there's multiple copies specifically, but usually abebooks lists the condition the books are in: I usually search by author name and book title, then ctrl+f "very" to pull up the cheapest "very good" copy, unless there isn't one available.

With the exception of newer books, I've found most books tend to be in the $3.48-$6 range.
>>
>>9195235
Book depository
>>
>>9195279
Not him, but it's the best when you want a specific edition, and it's the best for moderately obscure books.

ThriftBooks is best for more popular and well-known works, since you can get them cheaper.
>>
>>9195235
Amazon, if you want to actually pay and don't care which cover you get.
You can get public domain ebooks (anything older than eh, 150yrs?) for free and if you include shipping, then you can get most of what you want for under 5 bucks. Taking shipping into account, I haven't found a cheaper place to get books online, period. I don't know what /lit/ thinks about amazon, but it's there and it's got everything. I heard that the australian branch doesn't have shit for books, tho.
>>
Bookfinder.com scans all the previously mentioned sites. https://www.find-more-books.com/ works better sometimes but less accurate shipping estimations.
>>
>>9195358
They treat your books like shit, just throw them in a box without buffering.
They get more damaged in transit than I damage it in multiple years of possession.
>>
>>9197324
i'd only be pissed if there were pages ripped/creased, and if it's a hardback i paid out the ass for. if it's a paperbook who gives a shit i buy most of mine used and i like it even more if the book has library markings on it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.