[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does lit dislike the witcher books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Essi_Daven.jpg (38KB, 250x379px) Image search: [Google]
Essi_Daven.jpg
38KB, 250x379px
Why does lit dislike the witcher books?
>>
Normie trash.
>>
the what?
>>
File: DQvPSgE.gif (785KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
DQvPSgE.gif
785KB, 240x228px
>genre fiction
>>
Not only are they derivative and full of masculine cliches about sexuality, they are also >>9193550
>>
>>9193558
>masculine cliches about sexuality
Can you explain and provide examples?
I'm new to literature and started off with some of the lit essentials. I picked up the last wish since I loved tw1 (the videogame) from a bookstore and felt unsafisfied with it. Then I reread it and liked it a lot more, so I went ahead and got sword of destiny and loved it. It's not a series I expected to enjoy so I can see where the dislike comes from. I'm not sure if me liking it is a result of plebean tastes, giving the series time to "click", or having read sword of destiny.
>>
>>9193558
yes please explain
>>
Because it's watered down Moorcock.
>>
ggenreshite
>>
I think the Divine Comedy is the only good book to have a video game based on it
>>
>>9193547
I never understood The Witcher anything. Everything about it is so campy.
>>
>>9196620
Dunno if youre talking about the books or games or both but from my experience it's just the former and tw2 that are. I liked tw1 and 3 because they were both self aware in that the protagonist is kinda intentionally depicted as this creepy mumbly person who has a constant petrified glare. At the same time it had a very unique feel, where there was barely any pacing since it was so slow and had such a focus on the atmosphere. The trailers depict generic videogame badassery but the actual game can be better summarized as exploring nature to this constant sense of longing and loneliness brought upon by the plot and warm and haunting music. Whereas what I liked about the books was that they go on to gradually reveal more about him and the emotions he hides just through his interactions. And then he becomes a very relatable character as he's depicted to be vulnerable. One of the books is basically him being suicidal and depressed after his lover leaves him, and then him being afraid of other people who want to get close to him.
In essence, what I enjoy about the witcher is it's focus on emotions and relationships as the plot is kinda shoved to the side. There's no real feeling of progression throughout it as each single moment is stretched out to infinity and it's paced phenomenally slowly.
>>
If you have convinced yourself that you actually like anything to do with the witcher, you don't belong here and should leave immediately
>>
>>9193547
lit just need to feel better than normies, so they dislike good entertainment which is provided by witcher books.
Buttblast below
>>
>>9197165
>You can't have good litterature and good entertainment as the same time.

There is no point in reading genre fiction when movies exists.
>>
>>9197176
Pottery
>>
>>9197165
Yeah that seems like the case, it's why I stopped using 4chan years ago (with the exception of an occasional post like this thread). I feel like people here intentionally overthink everything. One of the things that appealed to me about the witcher was how simple it was, and in a sense I adapted my thinking and perception to be as simple as that. And then I started enjoying life a lot more
>>
A book tends to be shit if most people, apart from desperate-for-national-intellectuals Poles and gamers, find it mediocre.
>>
>>9198982
>le enlightened pleb face
You might enjoy life as a dog or a child would, but you aren't living one worth living
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.