[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much Wolfe have you read /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (937KB, 2057x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
937KB, 2057x1536px
How much Wolfe have you read /lit/?
>>
>>9191620
I plan on reading Thom Wolfe one day. Never heard of Gene
>>
>>9191620
>Return to the Whore
>>
All of it. When Wolfe can't remember one of his short stories, he asks me.
>>
electric kool-aid acid test, the right stuff, bonfire of the vanities, a man in full
>>
>>9192897
Might as well start throwing you cant go home again, to the lighthouse, and limbo in there.
>>
>>9192907
>you cant go home again
actually i read look homeward angel
it wasn't good though

>to the light house
>wolfe

>limbo
i haven't heard of this one actually
>>
>vagina wolf

0 reads
>>
>>9191620
I've only read The Book of the New Sun. I enjoyed it, everyone says I should re-read it but it took me a while to get through it the first time and I'm hesitant to crack it open again.

I really enjoyed the picuresque chapters, the last 5 or so chapters were really good, probably the best part of the series. I also really enjoyed the aspects and discussions of theology and philosophy. There's some Kierkegaard, Berkeley, Aquinas, Augustine and other Catholic inspired philosophy and imagery.

What's your favourite Wolfe book or series?
>>
>>9191620
>that wizard knight spine

Holy shit it's complementary to my BotNS omnibus spine. I must have it.
>>
Stop it you shitposting Croat
>>
>>9191858
Tobias Wolfe is a damn fine writer.
>>
>>9191620
Pirate Freedom. Pretty disappointed actually. He skipped over the best parts of the premise.
>>
>>9193085
Probably Book of the Long Sun
And some of the short stories
>>
>>9193702
Really? A lot of people say that is his worst series.
>>
>>9191620
The Book of the New Sun
The Book of the Long Sun
The Book of the Short Sun
Peace
The Wizard Knight
The Island of Dr. Death and Other Stories and Other Stories
The Fifth Head of Cerberus
There Are Doors
Free Live Free
Pandora by Holly Hollander
Castleview
Home Fires
The Sorcerer's House
An Evil Guest

and assorted other short stories.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.